Welcome to the ‘Child welfare, equity and social inclusion’ research group
"Child welfare, equity and social inclusion" is a multidisciplinary research group that was established in 2013. The group is connected with the Department of Health Promotion and Development at the Faculty of Psychology, University of Bergen. It also collaborates with researchers from other departments at the University of Bergen and other institutions.
The research group has developed competence in research related to the following main areas:
- Child Welfare and Child Protection
- Health and Welfare Services
- Children and families at risk
- Migration and ethnic minorities
- Service users and providers' perspectives
When and where it is relevant and possible, we engage in dialogue and collaborations with external parties such as national and international research communities, local and national health and social service authorities, and service user organizations.
More about our research:
Overarching objectives of the research group as a forum:
- To stimulate critical reflection through utilizing diverse perspectives, theories, and methodologies
- To establish an arena for scientific exchanges regarding shared research interests and multidisciplinary perspectives
- To stimulate and establish research-collaborations with internal and external parties