Workspaces and group rooms
Study places in the library
There are many study places available at each of the University Library locations, both for group work and individual study. Wi-fi and power outlets are available.
Reservation of workspaces (new system from the 3rd May)
You can reserve a workspace at these libraries:
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences Library (All workspaces including group rooms must be booked in advance)
- Law Library (27 individual workspaces must be booked in advance. 21 drop-in workspaces which do not require reservation are still available)
- Social Sciences, Music and Psychology Library (22 individual workspaces + group rooms must be booked in advance. 70 drop-in workspaces which do not require reservation are still available)
- Medical Library (Group rooms must be booked in advance. 45 drop-in individual workspaces which do not require reservation are available. Only students with card-access to the BBB-building can use these workspaces)
To reserve a individual workspace in the library, choose Student work space in the booking system.
To reserve a group room, choose Room booking - Study group room.
Group rooms are booked by one person.
When you arrive at the library, confirm that you are using your reserved workspace by scanning the QR-code there. You must confirm that you are using the space within 30 minutes of the start of your reservation.
You can also find information about the reservation system at www.uib.no/en/student.
In these libraries there is no reservation of workspaces and all seats are available for drop-in use
- Arts and Humanities Library
- Fine Art and Design Library
Remember to follow UiB’s routines for coronavirus prevention, and keep at least one metre distance between yourself and others.
Please be especially conscious of good hand hygiene.
Face masks are required in situations where 1-metre distance cannot be maintained.
You must have passed UiBs infection prevention course in order to enter and use the university buildings.
When you use a workspace, you must clean any surfaces before you start and when you are finished. You will find cleaning materials available at multiple places in the libraries.
During this period, you may eat your lunch in the workspaces. Please ensure to clean up any mess before you leave.
The Law Library and The Mathematics and Natural Sciences Library are offering unstaffed library. This means that students and employees at the university can access the library outside of our staffed opening hours.