UIB AI Steering group
The UiB AI Steering group will work to coordinate, promote and make visible research, education and innovation initiatives in artificial intelligence at the University of Bergen.
In February 2021, the UiB leadership appointed a working group to provide strategic recommendations for strengthening the field of Artificial intelligence at UiB. The working group delivered it's report in June 2021 with recommendations to coordinate and consolidate existing activities, facilitate and stimulate new initiatives and collaborations, and systematically making visible and promote the activities.
The UiB leadership followed up on the report by establishing the UiB AI Steering group for the period from August 2021- December 2022.
The steering group will contribute to strenghten and make visible UiB's position within AI research across a range of disciplines
The members of the steering group are:
- Pinar Heggernes (leder)
- Jill Walker Rettberg (HF)
- Marija Slavkovik (SV)
- Inge Jonassen (MN)
- Torger Kielland (JUS)
- Helge Ræder (MED)
- Barbara Wasson (PSYK)
- The Steering group will contribute to strenghten and make visible UiB's position within AI research across a range of disciplines.
- The Steering group will ensure that the report from the working group is approriately followed up on, within the budget framework set by the UiB leadership and any eventual extrernal funding.
- As a start, the Steering group is asked to implement the acitivites outlined in the "Action plan for year 1" in the report.
In addition to the above, the Steering group will be responsible for:
- Making visible and strengthen UiB's engagement in Synliggjøring og styrking av UiBs engasjement in the NORA-collaboration, and make NORA-resources known to all students and colleagues at UiB
- Follow up on previous dialouge with TMS regarding co-financing UiB AI
The Steering group will report directly to the rector and yearly send a short status report to the University leadership.