Hire banquetting facilities
University employees can hire Knut Fægris Hus, Villaveien 9, as a venue for events and parties.
Events hosted by the University Director and the Rector have first priority over other events. Doctoral dinners have priority over birthdays.
Capacity: max. 36 people for dinner and max. 60 people for receptions.
The reception and entertainment may be used for:
- Official receptions and events organised by the University Director and Rector
- Doctoral dinners
- Employee's 50th, 60th and 70th birthday celebrations
- Leaving parties for deans, professors, etc.
- Dinners for the University Board, faculty boards, etc.
- Receptions when faculties or departments have external guests
- Dinners, lunches and receptions in connection with conferences
- Presentation of awards and honours
The venue cannot be used for the following events:
- Weddings, christenings and confirmations
- Celebration of round-number birthdays for members of employees' family
- Internal departmental parties
- Student events
- Courses, seminars where the main floor is used
New rates from 1 Jan. 2010
NOK 4,500.00 for the main floor and bodega,
NOK 1,500.00 for the bodega,
NOK 2,000.00 for morning arrangements.
A condition for hiring Knut Fægris Hus is that you use the Student Welfare Organisation's catering service.
The venue can be used for doctoral dinners. If there are more than 40 guests, use the canteen in Christiesgate 18.
The keys must be picked up from Bente Milch, in Muséplass 1, level 3, and must be returned as soon as possible after the end of the event.
The security company will be notified that the house has been hired. All tenants will be sent a copy of the fire safety and cleaning instructions.