Hire banquetting facilities
University employees can hire Knut Fægris Hus, Villaveien 9, as a venue for events and parties.
Events hosted by the University Director and the Rector have first priority over other events. Doctoral dinners have priority over birthdays.
Capacity: max. 36 people for dinner and max. 60 people for receptions.
The reception and entertainment may be used for:
- Official receptions and events organised by the University Director and Rector
- Doctoral dinners
- Employee's 50th, 60th and 70th birthday celebrations
- Leaving parties for deans, professors, etc.
- Dinners for the University Board, faculty boards, etc.
- Receptions when faculties or departments have external guests
- Dinners, lunches and receptions in connection with conferences
- Presentation of awards and honours
The venue cannot be used for the following events:
- Weddings, christenings and confirmations
- Celebration of round-number birthdays for members of employees' family
- Internal departmental parties
- Courses, seminars where the main floor is used
New rates from 2018:
Rent Monday - Thursday: NOK 5900,- included 1 staff/host in 5 hours, and cleaning of the premises.
Rent Friday and Saturday: NOK 6.900,- included 1 staff/host in 5 hours, and cleaning of the premises.
The staff/host knows the house and will help with servering aperitif, set up a buffet, prepare coffee/tea, clean the kitchen and do the dishes. The staff/host will also look after the villa according to the house rules. Finally the staff/the host will verify closing of the villa and alarm activation. If you need assisstance arranging the table and/or serving/cleaning the table is it possible to rent a waiter from Sammen.
The venue can be used for doctoral dinners. If there are more than 40 guests, use the canteen in Christiesgate 18.
You will get access to the house via you empoyee card.
The security company will be notified that the house has been hired. All tenants will be sent a copy of the fire safety and cleaning instructions.
The history of the house
Read more (in norwegain only) Knut Fægris hus.