Printing and public availability
The thesis is to be made available to the public prior to the defence through the distribution of hard copies at the library and in the auditorium. You can also choose to make your thesis publicly available online in BORA. Avhandlingsportalen is the web-site for these services.
Avhandlingsportalen offers several services for your PhD thesis:
- You can submit your approved thesis for printing for your public defence
- You can submit obligatory copies of your approved thesis in print and digital format to libraries
- You can deposit your thesis in the open research archive BORA
- You can submit text and a photograph for the press release promoting your public defence
- You can submit data to the calendar event of your defense and trial lecture to the webpages of UiB
- You can order hard copies of the thesis for the evaluation committee
- You can order private copies of your thesis
On Avhandlingsportalen you will find a template for the thesis, information about pictures and graphics, and information about copyright.
Here is the address to Avhandlingsportalen: avhandling.uib.no/en/
Support at Avhandlingsportalen
For questions regarding the web form and technical issues in the form, please contact avhandlingsportalen.uib.no (workdays 8-16).
For questions regarding BORA, articles or licensing, please contact email@example.com (workdays 8-16).
For print-related questions, for example problems with the PDF validation or cover, please contact the printshop at 982 59 200 / firstname.lastname@example.org (workdays 8-16).
Division of Research and Innovation can be contacted regarding questions on thesis template: email@example.com