Extend your study period
Exchange students at the University of Bergen can apply to extend their study period with one semester.The exchange period is limited to maximum one academic year (two semester).
- Be an exchange student in the following categories: Bilateral, EEA/Norway grants, Erasmus+, Nordplus.
- Register an online application within the deadline.
- Have a confirmation/approval letter from home university.
- The exchange period at the University of Bergen does not exceed two semesters altogether.
- Approval from host department at the University of Bergen (subject to availability and study progress).
- Autumn semester: 1 June.
- Spring semester: 15 November.
Please observe that the University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS) have different deadlines.
How to apply:
- Find courses you plan to take in the course list for exchange students.
- Obtain a written confirmation from your home university, in which they approve the extention period at the University of Bergen.
- Apply online for the extension and upload the confirmation from your home university (the form is currently inactive).
*You can apply for an extension in these periods:
Autumn semester: 1 May to 1 June
Spring semester: 15 September to 15 November
*Applications for extension cannot be processed before and are subjected to availability and study progress. Please observe the deadlines!
If your application is granted an updated letter of extension will be sent by e-mail.