Fire instructions for site managers
Instructions for fire site managers.
The number of site managers is determined on the basis of the size and complexity of the building. There should normally be at least one per floor. A deputy must be appointed for all site managers.
Site managers must:
- Ensure that the evacuation from the area for which they are responsible is initiated immediately in the event of fire or the fire/gas alarm sounding, and ensure that assistance is provided when evacuating people with disabilities. Be available to the user representative when security is needed.
- Notify the user representative.
- Perform inspections of the evacuation routes and self-closing doors, log the inspections and report to the user fire representative.
- Report to the user representative any circumstances that may affect fire safety.
- Following a fire alarm or evacuation of the building, send a report to the user fire representative within 24 hours.