Health and safety and the environment (HSE)
The overall objective of The Faculty of Law is to carry out research, education and dissemination of research results of a high academic value. The Faculty considers a good and safe learning and working environment as an important input factor to achieve these objectives. The Faculty must have good HSE competence and clarity in the organisation of the HSE work.
In case of fire or the fire alarm sounding:
- ALERT by using the fire alarm
- Call the fire services on 110
- Try to SAVE
- Try to EXTINGUISH
- Close doors and windows
- EVACUATE to the fire assembly point
- Follow the instructions of the fire safety officer
- Do not use lifts
Fire safety officer at the Faculty: Henning Simonsen
Local HSE activities
Supreme HSE officers at the faculty:
This committee supports the Faculty management in HSE related cases and ensures progress of the systematic HSE work at the Faculty.
The committee is comprised as follows:
- Faculty management: Øystein L. Iversen
- Chief safety officer and the safety officer for the staff of the administration: Henning Simonsen
- Deputy safety officer for the staff of the administration: Kjersti Bakke Sørensen
- Safety officer for the scientific staff and deputy chief safety officer: Tine Eidsvaag
- Secretary and HSE coordinator: Ingrid Straume
Vivian Gjelsvik carries out safety inspection rounds together with the safety officers.
Information for guests
Emergency notification procedures and emergency preparedness - Information for guests / guest researchers / guest lecturers at the Faculty of Law
Familiarize yourself with the escape routes in the event of a fire on arrival at the faculty, and evacuate the building in the event of a fire or other threatening situation.
If there is a risk to life, health, or safety, call the emergency services:
FIRE BRIGADE: 110
Notify them about:
1.Who you are
2.What has happened
3.Where you are
4.The extent of the damage or injury
Then call: UiB's security centre: +47 55 58 80 81.