“There is No Health without Mental Health” (WHO)
We endorse “There is No Health without Mental Health” (WHO) and believe mental health research is needed to achieve the SDG Goal 3: “Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages” , and we focus particularly on:
- SDG 3.4: By 2030, reduce by one third premature mortality from non-communicable diseases through prevention and treatment and promote mental health and well-being
- SDG 3.5: Strengthen the prevention and treatment of substance abuse, including narcotic drug abuse and harmful use of alcohol.
We hold a strong child and adolescent focus, and engage in mental health research related to migration, poverty, emergencies, cross-cultural understanding of mental health, and clinical and public mental health matters.
The research group is cooperating with the Norwegian national “Network for Global Mental Health Norway”
Members of the group collaborate with partners in a wide range of countries.
Projects and collaborations include:
- Bhutan with Memorandum of Understanding with Khesar Gyalpo University of Medical Sciences of Bhutan
-Demographic Republic of Congo
-Uganda - Makerere University
- Nepal (partnerskapslinker)
We have also worked with private actors and NGOs including:
- Nyenga Foundation
- Save the Children
- SOS Children’s villages Norway