The Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care (IGS) undertakes research and research training in a wide spectrum of disciplines including: physiotherapy, occupational medicine, epidemiology, social pharmacy, genetic counselling, statistics, nursing, ethics and general practise. The Department also hosts several Centres: the Centre for International Health (CIH), the Centre for Elderly and Nursing Home Medicine (SEFAS), the Centre for Inter-professional Work-Place Learning in Primary Care (TVEPS) and a Centre of Excellence, the Centre for Intervention Science in Maternal and Child Health (CISMAC). Researchers at IGS are organised in 16 research groups.
- Nagot N. et.al., Extended pre-exposure prophylaxis with lopinavir–ritonavir versus lamivudine to prevent HIV-1 transmission through breastfeeding up to 50 weeks in infants in Africa (ANRS 12174): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2015 Nov 18.
- Tuntland H et.al., Reablement in community-dwelling older adults: a randomised controlled trial. BMC Geriatr. 2015 Nov 4
- Kibira SP et.al., "I Spent a Full Month Bleeding, I Thought I Was Going to Die…" A Qualitative Study of Experiences of Women Using Modern Contraception in Wakiso District, Uganda. PLoS One. 2015 Nov 2
- Bjorvatn B et.al., Parasomnias are more frequent in shift workers than in day workers. Chronobiol Int. 2015 Nov 5
- Aasprang A et.al., Psychosocial functioning before and after surgical treatment for morbid obesity: reliability and validation of the Norwegian version of obesity-related problem scale. PeerJ. 2015 Sep 29