Accuri C6 is an "easy to use" flow cytometer which can be connected to an autosampler (48 and 96 well, and 24 tube rack). Accuri C6 is a digital PC based bench top analyser, 2 laser system. Standard fluorochrome in use are identical to FACS Calibur. Even more colors to choose from with selectable lasers and filter replacement. Available to trained users with online booking.
- 488 nm (blue) laser
- 640 nm (red) laser
Four fluorescent emission detectors:
- FL1 530+/-15 nm (FITC/GFP)
- FL2 585+/-20 nm (PE/PI)
- FL3 >670 nm (PerCP-Cy5.5, PE-Cy5, PE-Cy7)
- FL4 675+/-12.5 nm (APC)
Interchangeable bandpass filters: 780/60, 610/20, 630/30
Use the standard 3 detectors on the blue laser and 1 on the red laser OR all 4 detectors on the blue laser OR 2 detectors on the blue and 2 on the red laser.
Event rate of up to 10,000 events/second.
- Sign log book
- Fill the sheat fluid tank with MQ water
- Empty the waste tank appropriately
- Check the levels of the decontamination and cleaning fluid tanks. If less than half the fluid left, fill the tanks.
- Cleaning solution. Decon 90. 1ml+199ml MQ water.
- Decontamination solution. 1ml NaHCL (Sodium Hydrochloride)+199ml MQ water.
- Ensure that there is a FACS tube with MQ water places on the sample introduction probe.
- Turn on the Accuri C6 and the pc.
- Open the program CFlow Plus.
- Open a wash template under “Documents”.
- Wash template is set to run MQ water for 2 minutes.
- Run a new FACS tube with MQ water.
- Ensure that the amount of event are few, if not was for another 2 minutes.
- Open a new workspace or a template.
- Set up the appropriate dotplot/histograms, set run rate to unlimited, or wated cell number in a specific gate.
- Run samples on medium or high.
- If no events are seen, or the sample collection rate is slower than expected. Stop running the sample. Remove the tube and put a empty tube on the probe. Push backflush.
- Once finished, remove the FACS tube and wipe the probe with tissues. Run MQ water for 2 minutes.
- Then continue to run your samples. Ensure the samples are not run dry.
- After running the samples, place a FACS tube with 3ml of cleaning solution on the sip.
- Either select a new well, or open the wash template
- Run cleaning solution for 2 minutes
- Then run a tube with clean MQ water for 2 minutes
- If the plots are relatively empty of any events turn of the machine.
- If thre is still a lot of events in the plot, wash for another 2 minutes.
- If the machine is not going to be used later, turn the machine off.
- If someone is going to use the machine within the next hr, leave the machine on.
- Always leave a tube with MQ water on the sip.
(Also see HMS handbook for K2 regarding HMS routines)
- Remove any spilled liquids with paper towels, dispose towels in the autoclave waste, then wipe the bench with 70% EtOH
- Report any accidents
- If there is skin contact with either the cleaning or decontamination solution, wash under running water.
- Inexperienced users can get training from Brith Bergum. Experienced users need to show competence in using the machine.
- Cleaning solution. Decon 90.
- Decontamination solution. NaHCL (Sodium Hydrochloride)
- BD Bioscience Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer Instrument Manual https://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/BD_Accuri_C6Flow_Cyto_Instrument_Manual.pdf