Parking at the University
Anyone who parks in the University’s parking spaces must have a valid digital parking permit. Parking in reserved spaces also requires a separate digital parking permit which is managed by the unit that has use of the reserved space. Parking inspections of the University’s parking spaces take place 24/7. From 01.01.2022 all reserved spaces for units will be removed and paid parking will be introduced at UiB.
Information about the parking scheme at UiB
On 28 November 2019, the University Board decided to change the parking scheme at UiB as part of the Climate Issue. This includes paid parking, removal of unit-reserved spaces and reducing the number of parking spaces.
The changes will take effect on 01.01.2022 - further information will be published closer to the implementation date.
All employee/students must have an electronic parking permits in an app.
To rent a garage space in Dokkeveien and the Haukeland area see information at the bottom of the page.
Parking terms and conditions
The parking spaces at the University are based on a first come, first served basis. The parking spaces will be used in connection with the periods that employees and students are working and studying at the University. At the start of ordinary study/working days the spaces will be empty and then fill up on a first come, first served basis.
Overnight parking is not allowed and there is parking enforcement 24/7. Among other things, this means that employees and students who live in the area are not allowed to use the University parking spaces for parking that exceeds the usual working or studying day. Such needs must be resolved in other ways, for example via Bergen Municipality's scheme for zone parking.
The availability of parking at the University is extremely limited. If there are no spaces available then it is up to the driver to find other solutions at other locations.
Application for parking permits
Only employees and students with a valid employee number/student identity number can apply for a parking permit. The car registration number is recorded in the parking app so that it is allocated a digital parking permit and is identified by parking control.
If an unregistered car uses one of UiB’s parking spaces then a parking charge notice can be issued. It must therefore also be borne in mind that if, for example, you use different cars, have a rental car or have purchased a new car, you must make sure you obtain an electronic parking permit for a new registration number before parking. You can manage which car (registration number) you have a parking permit for in the parking app
Anyone using multiple registration numbers must be aware that you can only park one registered vehicle at a time.
It is only possible to order one parking product for the rest of 2021 - there is a parking permit for free spaces for staff/students including electric car spaces and disabled spaces with duration from the order date until 31.12.21.
- Go to “Parking Permit Application - Registration for use of the Aimo Park Parking App”
- Read and approve parking terms and conditions at UiB
- Register your mobile number in the parking system.
On mobile phone (or PC)
- Download the “Aimo Park Norway” app on mobile/tablet (Google Play(Android)) or from the App Store (iOS/iPhone)
NB! Not available on Windows phones. If you have a phone with a Windows operating system or want to register online, you must register a parking permit at https://qpark-permit.giantleap.no/#/parking/products/agreement The site is responsive and can also be used on mobile or tablet.
- Initial use: open the app and create a user profile. A mobile number must be registered, but you do not need to register a payment card. Payment for parking at UiB is postponed until 01.01.22, but the app is designed for the planned solution.
Update your profile with your user information.
- Register the parking permit in the app
- Select “Other products” (not “Start parking”)
- Select location “Bergen”
- Select product “Order a parking agreement”
- Order the parking agreement “University of Bergen Employees and students”
- Choose between “Employee parking” or “Student parking”
- Enter registration number (up to 3)
- Read and approve the parking terms and conditions
- Finish with “Buy”
- Check on the website in the app that your registration number is recorded
Renew your parking permit?
Employees and students can renew their parking permit in the APP Aimo Park Norway.
Not sure if you have a valid parking permit?
Employees and students must have a valid electronic parking permit to use free parking spaces at UiB, including electric car spaces and disabled places.
You can see the status of your parking permits in the “Aimo Park Norway” app - on the website there is an overview of valid parking permits, their duration and registration numbers recorded.
Parking in reserved spaces requires a separate parking permit which is managed by the unit that has use of the reserved space.
Who can park?
At the entrance of each parking area there are signs displaying the parking regulations applicable to the area. Users need to familiarise themselves with the signage.
Grouping of UIB’s parking spaces
- Parking for employees and students (“free spaces”) - electronic parking permit
Employees and students with a valid electronic parking permit can park in spaces that do not have a separate reserved sign. Electronic parking permits are ordered in the app from Aimo Park after registering a mobile number in UiB's parking solution.
- Electric cars/Charging stations for electric cars (Electric car spaces)
Employees and students with a valid electronic parking permit and an electric car can park in spaces marked with Electric car/Charging station for electric cars. Note that spaces with charging stations for electric cars can only be used for as long as the vehicle is on charge.
Hybrid cars cannot use electric car spaces.
- Disabled parking (HC spaces)
Employees and students with a valid electronic parking permit can park in spaces reserved for disabled drivers provided that they also have a municipal disabled driver permit.
- Parking for motorcycles/mopeds (MC spaces)
Employees and students can park motorcycles/mopeds in MC spaces. No separate parking permit is required for MC spaces.
Motorcycles/mopeds must be placed in marked areas, not parked in elsewhere around the buildings.
- Parking for company vehicles
Parking spaces have been allocated for company vehicles at UiB. Only service vehicles marked with UiB's logo or coat of arms can use these spaces. These cars are granted an electronic parking permit from the Department of Estate and Facilities Management (register with UiBhjelp).
Private cars used in service cannot use these spaces.
- Patient parking
- Reserved parking spaces for patients are allocated at the University Dental Clinic and Alrek health clouster (Årstadveien 19) and for participants in studies at the Research Unit for Health Studies (Årstadveien 21).
- The parking space can only be used during the period that the treatment/study is taking place.
- At Årstadveien 19, cameras read the registration number and automatically charge the parking fee. The patient can pay for parking either using the vending machine in the parking garage, in the app on mobile/pc or receive an invoice.
- At Årstadveien 21, patients must register the car in a parking kiosk at the patient reception.
- Parking for contractors and service companies
A few spaces have been set aside for use with special permission by companies carrying out assignments for UiB. The Department of Estate and Facilities Management's operational areas can register electronic permits for these spaces.
- Visitor parking
Apart from the spaces that are allocated for patients and service companies, there are no separate spaces for visitor parking. External visitors are referred to public parking spaces.
- Spaces reserved for units (faculties and departments) (expires on 01.01.2022)
Spaces have been reserved for units (faculties and departments). The spaces can only be used with special electronic permits from the relevant unit by the unit “white-listing” the car's registration number for the period in which permission has been given to use a space. It is not sufficient that the employee has an ordinary electronic parking permit for free spaces for employees/students.
Where are the parking spaces:
Dokkeveien 10, roof
Vinjesgt. alongside Sydnesh. school
Allgt. 70 (currently closed due to work until spring-21)
Nina Griegsgt. 2, Nygård School
Årstadveien 19 main entrance, U1, U2
Årstadveien 21 (currently partially closed due to work until end of July)
|Årstadveien 17, Alrek helseklynge||3|
|Haukelandsveien 28, AHH||5|
Rental of garage space for 2021:
The University rents out garage spaces in these areas:
- Dokkeveien parking facility (85 spaces) - employees and students can apply
- Haukeland area (70 spaces) - employees and students can apply
The places are in 3 different parking facilities operated by Helse Bergen - AHH tilfluktsrom (5), Ulriksdalen car park (53), Fløenbakken 56 car park (12).
Anyone wishing to rent a garage space for 2021 must submit an application using the electronic application form.
The deadline to apply for the ordinary allocation round is 30 November 2020.
After the ordinary application round, spaces will be allocated on an ongoing basis if there are spaces available.
Emeritus can rent a garage space if there are vacant spaces after the ordinary application deadline and allocation.
The price for 2021 is NOK 6600 - with payment in December/June, due for payment before the rental period starts. The rental period runs from 01.01.21 to 31.12.21. It is not possible to apply for a shorter period in the ordinary application round.
Complaining about a parking charge notice
UiB has a framework agreement with the parking company Aimo Park regarding the enforcement of parking spaces at the University.
Complaints about parking charge notices must be submitted in writing to Aimo Park via an electronic form: