Preventing burglaries and thefts
Both students and employees must take responsibility for preventing burglaries and thefts.
Put safety before user-friendliness!
- Do not leave sellable belongings or equipment in full view or easily accessible in the workplace.
- Secure your computer underneath your desk.
- Use blinds or curtains to prevent people on the outside from looking in.
- Turn off the light and lock the door when you leave for the day.
- Is there scaffolding outside your workplace? If so, remember that you are particularly at risk of being visited by the city’s skilled scaffold climbers!
- Close all windows when you leave the workplace.
- Contact the security company before any social events taking place after working hours, so that they can adjust the alarm systems.
- Doors with card readers must be locked at all times.
- Do not use wedges, chairs or trash cans to keep the doors open.
- Call security if you observe any unauthorised persons in the building.