Fire instructions for teaching and meeting rooms
The instructions apply to all use of teaching rooms and rooms that are used as meeting rooms etc.
- During lectures, courses and other teaching, the lecturer or person in charge of teaching is responsible for ensuring compliance with these instructions.
- Where teaching rooms, meeting rooms, canteens and other rooms are used for other purposes – for example, for film shows, social gatherings, etc. – the arranger must appoint a person who will be responsible for ensuring compliance with these instructions. The name of the person responsible for this must be indicated in the application to use the room.
- Before and during the event, the person responsible for this must:
- Ensure that no loose chairs and equipment are placed in the room.
- Ensure that the maximum permitted number of people in the room as
shown on the notice on the wall is not exceeded.
- Ensure that no changes are made to technical and other fire installations.
- Familiarise themselves with the general fire instructions and evacuation
plan for the building and of the location of evacuation routes and fire
- In the event of a fire or when the fire alarm sounds, the person responsible should:
- Ensure that evacuation of the room is initiated.
- Ensure that any necessary assistance is provided to people with movement
and orientation disabilities
- Make themselves known to the user representative, operating staff, security
company and fire brigade.
Faculties/divisions/departments are responsible for ensuring that their own lecturers are familiar with these instructions.