Funding and exchange opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean
Do you want to know more about funding, staff exchange and student exchange with Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC)? We invite all employees and students to this special event on the first day of the UiB Latin America and Caribbean conference.
As part of the UiB LAC Conference, we are hosting a panel of representatives from various funding agencies to present opportunities for academic collaboration between Latin America, the Caribbean and Norway.
- The official hashtag for the conference is #uibLAC23
At the recent EU-CELAC (Community of Latin American and Caribbean States) meeting in Brussels (July 17-18) EU and CELAC agreed on working together to address “the multiple crises and challenges of our times”.
Institutions of higher education have a crucial role in providing sound and critical research that can serve as a basis for action in the 21st century. Within the framework of EU-CELAC, an important instrument is the implementation of the bi-regional roadmap and the Joint Initiative for Research and Innovation (JIRI), as well as various other EU programmes.
In addition to these instruments, there are specific funding mechanisms from ministries and directorates in Norway.
By bringing together representatives from various funding entities, this session will give a brief orientation and introduction to specific ongoing and forthcoming initiatives for supporting R&I collaborative research and educational initiatives between academic partners in Norway and Latin America and the Caribbean.
After a brief introduction of some of the main instruments available, there will be a Q&A session between the panel and the conference participants.
Issues that will be addressed include:
- Complementary funding for research proposals to the EU
- Research themes/actions of specific interest to donors
- General requirements for eligible partnerships
- Research and educational cooperation with private sector
- Targeted use of particular instruments available (UTFORSK, Erasmus+, etc.)
- Vibeke Kyrkjebø IRGAN, Head for external funding, Division of Research and Innovation, UiB
- Trine Smukkestad LAVIK, Innovation Norway
- Laila Linde LOSSIUS, Directorate for Higher education and Skills (HK-dir)
- Ane ROSNES, Norwegian Agency for Exchange Cooperation (Norec)
- Thomas HANSTEEN, The Research Council of Norway