Gardener (research technician) at the Museum Garden: temporary, full time, until November 2022
We are looking for a gardener (research technician) at the Museum Garden in central Bergen. Application deadline 31st October 2021
You will participate in the daily operations at the Museum Garden. This involves care, operation and maintenance of the gardens and greenhouses. You will also participate in some outreach work for the public who use the garden. The work is carried out all year round. You may be required to take part in shift work. You report to the manager of the Museum Garden.
Qualifications and characteristics:
We are looking for a gardener with professional qualifications, or with a completed gardener education. The candidate should:
- Have experience with production of various plant species in greenhouses and in the garden.
- Good knowledge of and interest in plants
- A driver's license for a car (driver's license for a tractor is an advantage) and experience in working with various machinery. Experience with the use of a chainsaw counts positively.
- Good health, as the tasks can sometimes be physically demanding.
- Be able to use data as a work tool and have a good technical understanding.
- We emphasize personal qualities that are necessary for the position. You are an employee who has good collaboration skills, likes to work in teams, but who can also work independently.
- You must be solution-oriented, enterprising and have a positive attitude.