CeSAM Fast-Track Initiatives
The Centre for Sustainable Area Management (CeSAM) fast-track initiatives (FTI) support focused, short-term research or educational activities that contribute to CeSAM’s overarching goal of delivering science and education supporting sustainable management of our landscapes and oceans, their biodiversity, and nature's benefits to people.
We welcome FTIs projects that contribute to our goal through delivering or promoting knowledge underpinning evidence-based decision making, and that strengthen CeSAM’s position in cross-disciplinary research and education.
Who can apply: Anyone affiliated with CeSAM.
Priorities will be given to FTI projects that fulfill these criteria:
- Targets the overarching CeSAM overarching goal of supporting sustainable management of our landscapes and oceans, their biodiversity, and nature's benefits to people.
- Contributes to or promotes sustainable evidence-based decision making in areal management.
- Strengthens CeSAM’s position in cross-disciplinary research and education.
- Has clearly identifiable outcomes.
- Can be completed within one year of the grant´s commencement.
Proposals should not exceed one A4 page, including a description of the activity, objective(s), budget, timeline and outcome(s).
Limits to funding: 30 - 300 kNOK
Eligible activities (list is not exhaustive):
- Blue-skies research: conduct new cross-cutting research relevant to CeSAM.
- Preparation of synthesis/integration research articles or large research proposals.
- Up to 3 months salary for a recently graduated master student to complete a manuscript for publication.
Non-eligible activities or expenses:
- Standard institutional running costs such as conference fees, publication costs, lab overheads, etc.
- Salaries of non-CeSAM personnel.
- Salaries for PhD students before thesis is submitted.
Deadline for submissions is 1st of September.
Proposals shall be attached to an email with Subject: “CeSAM FTI” and sent to email@example.com
Evaluation: The CeSAM scientific leadership will evaluate the proposals and announce results within 2 weeks past the deadline.
For inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org