The establishment of knowledge clusters is one of several working methods by which the University of Bergen will reach its goal to develop outstanding research and education environments of excellence.
At the Faculty of Humanities, a project group is working with establishing a Medeival Research Cluster at UiB.
Åslaug Ommundsen, Professor of Medieval Latin philology, is the academic director of the group. The other members are:
- Gitte Hansen, Professor of Medieval Archaeology
- Rune Kyrkjebø, Senior Academic Librarian
- Henning Laugerud, Associate Professor of History of Art
- Leidulf Melve, Professor of History
- Jens Eike Schnall, Associate Professor of Old Norse Philology
- Ingrid Endal, Communication Adviser