Relevant funding sources
This page presents an overview of UiB-internal as well as external funding sources relevant for the Department of Informatics. It is important that you keep the department updated about your planned funding applications.
You can find an overview of upcoming calls in this file. The list will be updated on a monthly basis.
EU Horizon 2020
- Excellent Science: European Research Council (ERC), Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Actions
- Societal Challenges: LEIT-ICT (Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies), SC1 (Health, demographic change and well-being), SC3 (Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy), SC4 (Smart, Green and Integrated Transport), SC6 (Europe in a changing world - Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies), SC7 (Secure societies – Protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens), Spreading Excellence and Widening Participation
- European AI On Demand Platform and Ecosystem (AI4EU)
- Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI)
To search for open and forthcoming calls, open the H2020 funding & tenders portal and choose the correct programme.
The department works closely together with UiB’s BOA-team that has expertise knowledge on H2020.
The 9th framework programme, Horizon Europe, is currently being developed. You can find more details about the programme as well as some background information on the following websites: Horizon Europe og EU budget for the future.
In addition, the EU is proposing to create the first ever Digital Europe programme (which builds on the Digital Single Market strategy, which is among the top 10 priorities of the commission for 2015-2019). You can find more information about the digital transformation 2021-2027 by following the link.
Research Council of Norway (RCN)
Calls are published on the Research Council's website. Relevant programs are, e.g., FRIPRO, IKTPLUSS, National Research Schools, Norwegian Centres of Excellence (SFF), Centres for Research-based Innovation (SFI), INFRASTRUKTUR, NÆRINGSPHD, OFFPHD, HAVBRUK2 and more.
The department works closely together with UiB’s BOA-team that has expertise knowledge on the more complex RCN programs SFF, SFI, and INFRASTRUKTUR.
University of Bergen
Other national/Nordic funding programs
- Trond Mohn Foundation (previous Bergen Research Foundation)
- Centre for Advanced Study (CAS)
- Helse Vest
- Directorate for internationalization and quality development in higher education (DIKU)
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD)
- Olav Thon Foundation
- University and College Network for Western Norway
- RFF Vest
- Foundation Kristian Gerhard Jebsen
- Innovation Norway