Transcript of Records and Diploma registry
You can order a transcript of records with digital signature from Studentweb and order a Diploma when you have completed your degree.
Starting spring semester 2022, all diplomas and transcripts from UiB will mainly be produced digitally. You will find your results and degree obtained at www.vitnemalsportalen.no. Through the Diploma Registry (Vitnemålsportalen), you can share your results (grades) and degrees (diplomas) with others as needed. Should you need a diploma on paper, you must order this via this form.
Students at the Faculty of Law can request this in the candidate promise form (Norwegian only).
Order digital transcript of records from Studentweb
Order at Studentweb
You can order your transcript of records with a digital signature on Studentweb, under Orders in the top menu. You will find the Trascript of Records under Documents after approx. 10 minutes. If you do not have an active right to study at UiB (no longer a student), log in with the ID port or D-number and PIN. You can get the printout in Bokmål, Nynorsk or English.
A digitally signed transcript is valid as long as the certificate is valid, normally for two years. Transcript of Records with digital signature is only valid in digital form, it is not valid if you print it on paper.
Transcript of records with digital signature
- Is verified with a digital signature that is only confirmed if the PDF has not been modified. This means that it is not verified (valid) if you print it.
- Shows the results from all courses you have passed at UiB and is marked with the UiB logo.
- Shows the distribution of grades for each course and contains the explanation of credit system and grading at UiB.
- Is valid until the certificate on the digital signature expires, usually after two years. You can log in at Studentweb at any time and order a new one. When you are no longer a student at UiB, you can log in with your UiB registration numer and PIN. You received the codes by e-mail before arriving at UiB.
Diploma Registry (Vitnemålsportalen)
The Diploma Registry is a free, digital service where you can collect and share results from higher education in Norway, like UiB, with potential employers and others.
When you log in to the Diploma registry, your results are retrieved directly from UiB's database. You can choose which results you want to share, and the Diploma Registry will then generate a link that you can easily send to the recipients of your choise. Together with the link, a unique code is sent that the recipient must use to see results.
You log in by using
- ID-porten (MinID, BankID via mobile, BankID, Buypass or Commfides) or
- Your UiB user account (Feide).
Students will be able to log in to the Diploma Registry for two months after the end of your study period using Feide.
See step-by-step explanation on the Diploma Registry’s pages (link).
See a demonstration of how you share results via a link on the Diploma Registry web site.
Order a Diploma
When you have obtained a degree at UiB, you will automatically have your digital diploma produced automatically within 8 - 12 weeks after your last result has been published on Studentweb. You therefore do not need to order a diploma unless you need your diploma on paper or in urgent situations.
Should you need a diploma on paper, you must order this via this form.
At the Faculty of Law, practice is a little different - go to Diplomas from the Faculty of Law for more information.
Certificate on paper
If you need your diploma on paper, you must order this via this form. The certificate will then be produced within 8-12 weeks after the order is received and sent by registered mail to the address stated in the form. You must have obtained a degree before ordering a diploma on paper, otherwise the order will not be processed.
Students at the Faculty of Law can apply for a paper diploma in the candidate promise form.
Diplomas on paper are only issued once.
If you have a bachelor's degree from UiB and are applying for a master's degree at UiB, you do not need to attach your bachelor's diploma in the application for admission to the master's.
Take good care of your diploma, it is only issued once!
Before you order your Diploma you should check the following:
- Other education
Examinations taken at other institutions than UiB which are to be recognised as a part of your degree, must be presented in original at your Faculty Information Centre prior to ordering your diploma. Please note: Without proper course descriptions in English, a complete Diploma Supplement in English cannot be issued.
- Exams taken this semester
If you have taken any exams this semester which you would like to include in your degree, please make sure the results are registered on StudentWeb before ordering your Diploma.
- Name changes
Have you changed your name since you were first registered as a student at UiB, or is your name misspelled at Studentweb? In that case you must change or update your name before you order your Diploma.
How to log in to Studentweb without Feide
Previous students can log in to Studentweb until 15 March 2023 to order a new transcript of records. You log in with your UiB registration number and PIN. You received the codes by email before arriving at UiB. Exception: Students who started at UiB in Autumn 2022 or later.
If you started at UiB in Autumn 2022 or later, you must order your transcript of records when leaving the university. Deadlines: 1 February / 1 September. After these dates you will not have access to Studentweb anymore.
How to check the validity of a digital transcript or certified link
As a partner university of UiB you will most likely be sent a digital transcript or a link with a transcript from your returning exchange students.
To make sure the transcripts are valid, please check the following:
- The digital transcript will have a digital signature. The signature is only confirmed if the PDF has not been modified.
- The transcript shows all the courses your student has passed at UiB, and is marked with the UiB logo.
- The transcript also shows the distribution of grades for each course and contains the explanation of the credit system and grading at UiB.
- The transcript is valid until the certificate of the digital signature expires, usually after two years.
Transcript from the diploma registry
There are multiple things you can look for to check that the results are coming from the Diploma Registry:
- Emails with links from the Diploma Registry will have ikkesvar@vitnemålsportalen.no as the sender.
- The link address (the URL) will start with http://vitnemalsportalen.no..
- After clicking the link, an icon showing a padlock will appear next to the link address.
We also recommend downloading the transcript in order to view the digital signature: Go to the bottom of the transcript page from the link, and select Signed document with selected results (PDF).
NB: Some browser's internal PDF viewers do not show digital signature. In such cases, we recommend using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note that it is only possible to verify the PDF in its original electronic form.