Innovation for students
Are you a student and interested in innovation? On this page you will find relevant information for you who are a student at the University of Bergen.
- STUD-ENT: Up to NOK 1 million in funding for students and recent Master’s degree graduates who have a promising business idea. STUD-ENT funding is to be used to realise the business idea or to carry out crucial activities that will provide the answers to key questions that a customer, industry partner, investor or other public/private funding source wishes to resolve before they contribute to/participate in the project. Activities for which this funding may be used, include:
- Business development
- Premarket evaluations
- Prototype development
- Technical proof-of-concept activities
- Technical equipment
- Advisory services and technical assistance
- Payroll costs
Deadline is 13 February 2019. If you have any questions or are interested in applying please contact MEDforsk@uib.no.
- Start UiB - a student organization actively working to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the academic environment in Bergen.
- Bergen Technology Transfer Office (BTO) for students - BTO is the regional centre of expertise for innovation and commercialisation of research results. The main services BTO offer to student projects are:
- ACCEL is an intensive innovation programme
- Facilities and incubation for student projects
- Help with funding applications
- Internship at BTO - BTO offers internships to 5 – 8 students every academic year. Most interns at BTO work as business analysts. In addition, internships are offered within other fields where needed, e.g. communication, student entrepreneurship and law.