In Årringen you can read about the plant collections in the Arboretum and the Botanical Garden at Milde. The journal has been published every year since 1997.
An important part of the work carried out at the University Gardens is to communicate information about the plant collections to the public. "Årringen" is a popular scientific publication where we write about the collections and about the work that is performed with them. The magazine also contains other general material about botany, dendrology and horticulture. In each issue we often focus on specific plants or plant species. We produce one issue per year.
Årringen is published with the support of the Friends of the Arboretum, and the magazine is free for members. Older magazines can be ordered by contacting our staff at the Administration building.
The responsible editor of Årringen is Per Harald Salvesen, supported by Bjørn Moe and Tor Jan Ropeid. The editors are happy to accept manuscripts from anyone who wants to contribute. We also include questions, travel descriptions, reader letters, book messages, etc.
- Per Harald Salvesen 2020. Fra redaksjonen. Årringen 23, 2.
- Per Magnus Jørgensen & Per Harald Salvesen 2020. Brunchorsts pil, og andre opprinnelige elementer i Muséhagen. Årringen 23, 4–16.
- Per Harald Salvesen & Lars Torsten Eriksson 2020. Plantesamlingene i Muséhagens første fase (1898–1906): Brunchorst og 'Systemet'. Årringen 23, 17–82
- Bjørn Moe, Heidi Lie Andersen, Mladen Golubović & Michael David Pirie 2020. Innsamlingstur til Serbia på Balkan-halvøya. Årringen 23, 83–110.
- Per Magnus Jørgensen 2020. Rhododamene – rettelser og tillegg. Årringen 23, 111–112.
- Bjørn Moe 2020. Årsmelding for Arboretet og Botanisk hage 2018. Årringen 23, 113–134.
- Tor Jan Ropeid 2020. Årringens botanisk-etymologiske språkspalte – På språkbesøk i grønnsakdisken. Årringen 23, 135–144.
- Bokmelding. Årringen 23, 145–146.