Norwegian Centres of Excellence (CoE)
National Centres of Excellence are a stamp of quality in academic research.
At present the UiB has 5 centres running, as follows (start-end year in parenthesis):
- Center for Geobiology (2008-2017)
- Birkeland Center for Space Science (2013-2022)
- Center for Intervention Science in Maternal and Child Health (2013-2022)
- Center for Cancer markers (2013-2022)
- Centre for Early Sapiens Behaviour (2017-2026)
Below you will find the links to the centres homepages
UiB is also partner in a CoE coordinated by UiO: The Norwegian Centre for research on mental illnesses -NORMENT.
In the period 2003-2013 UiB coordinated the following centres: Bjerknes centre for climate research, Center for integrated petroleum research and the Centre for Medieval Studies.
This site is updated by Anja Hegen