Research support at the library
Support and training for researchers - Academic skills
If you want to learn more about scientific writing and publishing, collaborations, and open research, join our courses and use our services.
Picture shows text: Research knowledge
PhD on track
The University Library offers a number of courses and workshops on various academic skills. Custom courses can be requested and tailored, and you may ask for individual support.
Research support: We offer courses and guidance along the whole research process.
- Publishing: Open Access (OA) publishing, publishing agreements & UiBs OA publication fund. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. For registration and reporting of research activities. Contact: email@example.com.
- Research data: Open Access to research data, FAIR principles, data management, Data Management Plans (DMP), data deposition, general & domain-specific data repositories, finding and reusing datasets, citable code. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Science: The University of Bergen Policy for Open Science, funder requirements (NFR, Horizon Europe).
- Visibility and publishing statistics: Visibility and publishing strategy, use of researcher profiles & profile statistcs (e.g. ORCID), and bibliometric services. Contact: email@example.com.
- Literature searching, systematic reviewing, citing and referencing: Choose Your subject for tailored services, for individual support on systematic reviewing fill in form.
- Digital Lab: The Digital Lab is an interdisciplinary hub for researchers, lecturers, and students, on-site and digitally. The lab is a space to learn, to discuss, and to apply various digital tools and methods.
Ph.d.-support: We offer courses and guidance on academic skills.
Shut up and write! In-person writing meetups where you get your writing done.
Contact your library.
- PhD on Track: The national website PhD on Track targets PhD candidates and young researchers from all academic fields. The main topics are the research process, communicating results, and Open Science: