Centre for Women's and Gender Research
Information for staff

Useful information for staff members

The following is an overview of the most important things that apply to all staff members at SKOK.


Main content

General information/economy/purchase

DFØ's self-service portal and app will be used for time registration, travel expense claims, expense reimbursement, request for absence, travel request, etc. from January 1st, 2021.

Mobile app – DFØ selvbetjening

Download the ‘DFØ selvbetjening’ app from the AppStore or Google Play. The app is available in English. You can choose language settings in the app.

User guide for the DFØ app  (Norwegian)

Web solution – self-service portal

Log in to the self-service portal here.

User guide for the self-service portal (Norwegian)

More information about the portal and the app can be found here. Here you will also find user guides for the various services in the app and portal.

If you need support, or have questions, contact UiBHjelp.

If you have technical questions related to the self-service portal or app, contact DFØ (08.00-15.45). Email: lonn@dfo.no, phone: 40 63 40 21

You can find useful and updated information in the Employee Handbook and the UiB Employee Pages.

Operating funds for PhD and postdoctoral fellows
Research Fellows are awarded operating funds that are spread over a period of three years; in the fourth year will all remaining funds be transferred over, depending on which contact the fellow has.

Budgeted operating costs
The faculty’s operating funds cover rent, office supplies, etc. Basic office supplies are ordered by the Center’s purchasing agent Judith Larsen. We are required to use UoB’s approved suppliers, which provide discounts. Operating funds should be used to cover expenses for research purposes, such as books, special computer software, licenses, travel and lodging, seminars, conferences, miscellaneous fees and other research-related purposes. Every year you will be informed as to the status of your individual budget.

The Center will cover the purchases of computers and iPad's. Ask Judith for the current models available. Judith must order these for you through the university’s purchasing system.

Purchasing agent’s function (Judith)
All purchases must be made by Judith and have a PM number before invoices can be paid. The university has many purchasing agreements with various firms in Norway, which we are obligated to use. The purchasing agent (Judith) must order items such as computers and group travel, hotels and flights for invited guests. She must also order office supplies, furniture, books, flowers, catering, anything connected to arrangements like for example renting meeting locations, meals at restaurants, and so on. Additionally services, such as translations/editing/transcribing and website development, software licenses, printing/publishing, etc. must also go through Tone and Judith. All purchase must be approved by Tone Lund-Olsen before you ask Judith to order things. If you have questions, please ask Judith.

Purchasing books

Judith purchases all books from Akademika through the Basware system. Please do not purchase books yourself from Akademika. This is very important as we receive discounts and everything MUST go through Judith. There are two exceptions: If you buy books yourself abroad or books through Amazon, you can use the form in the self-service portal and get your money refunded in this way. Please be aware that Akademika often can obtain most books so you do not usually need to use your own money in advance. All purchases must be approved by Tone Lund-Olsen.

Credit card
It is highly recommended that each staff member applies for a credit card, where you state that the University of Bergen is your employer. This replaces the travel advance forms we used to do. When travel is paid with the employee’s own university credit card, travel insurance included. If the bill from the credit card company is due before the journey is made the University will cover the interest fees. Interest fees and annual fees for credit cards are covered by the University, see: Reimbursement of expenses.

Tax cards
Non-Norwegian citizens will have to APPLY for a new tax card every year. Ask the administration if you need help in doing this. It is normally done online using form RF-1209. If you fail to apply for the tax card, a 50% tax will be deducted from your salary. You of course will receive any overpaid tax later on after the tax card is received, but it can take time.

Booking and payment of travel

All employees need to book and pay for their own travel, such as flights, train travel, hotels, conference registration fees, rental cars, taxis, airport buses, etc.  You MUST use the University’s travel agent: Berg Hansen, either via the Web or telephone. Experience shows that it pays to do some research on relevant routes and airlines beforehand and then give them specific flight details. 

The travel agent has an emergency plan, so if something during your travels should occur, such as your flight being cancelled, social unrest, and the like; the travel agent is responsible for finding alternative solutions. They are obligated to keep track of employees who are traveling who have used their services. Take immediate contact with them if something unforeseen happen.

Travel expense form

The travel expense form and scanned copies of receipts needs to be submitted in the self-sevice portal within a month after the travel is completed.


All staff members are expected to attend the regular staff meetings and seminars. They are also encouraged to present at internal and/or open seminars at the Centre.

In case of illness, you should immediately notify the Centre. Call the Main office 55 58 33 12 or 55 58 27 05, or another employee, or send an e-mail to someone in the administration. Use the self-sevice portal to report the dates you were sick.

This applies to both short-term and long-term illnesses. Please remember to let us know if you have teaching responsibilities that need be cancelled or postponed.

Long-term sick leave
Fill out the part of the sick leave form that you receive from your doctor that you are responsible for, sign and deliver to the administration.

Arrange a meeting with the Centre’s Director or Head of Administration if you are sick for more than two weeks.

This meeting is required within six weeks after reporting your long-term sick-leave, which will then be followed up with a ‘follow-up agreement’.

For complete procedures at the University of Bergen, see Sick leave.


The Card Centre issues employee I.D. cards. The card is valid as the key card to the Centre’s front door, gives access to the Pull Print System, and serves as your library card for the University Library. A separate online form is filled out by Judith Larsen. You are to go to the Card Centre (located at the Student Centre) where they will take your picture. The card will be made for you at that time. Make sure you have a valid ID with you. If you lose your card, please inform Judith as soon as possible. Judith must go online to order you a new card.


You must update your own personal page yourself.

Who does what in the administration?

Tone, Kamilla, Judith, Idunn/Sigrid's tasks at SVT and SKOK:

The staff in the administration have the following functions and responsibilities:

Tone Lund-Olsen is the Head of Administration and is employed in a 100% position. Tone is responsible for the following tasks:

  • Overall responsibility for operation and management
  • Recruitment, personnel matters
  • Responsible for tasks in connection with the PhD theses and doctoral defenses
  • Finances and Budget

Kamilla Stølen is advisor for research and communication, and is employed in a 100 % position. Kamilla is responsible for the following tasks:

  • The website
  • Assists in connection with publicity and media relations
  • Assistance in connection with conferences, seminars and other events
  • Assistance in connection with application for external funding
  • Other administrative duties

Judith Larsen is a Higher Executive Officer who is employed in an 80% position. She works every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Judith is responsible for the following tasks:

  • Administratively responsible for the Course in Theory of science and ethics, HF, VITHF900, VITHF905, VITHF910 (SVT)
  • SVT-SKOK Ombudsman HSE (HMS verneombud) 2015-2016; 2017-2018; 2019-2020, 2021-2022.
  • Miljøfyrtårn contact for Parkveien 9 (2016-2018)(2019-2021)
  • Contact person for HSE Non-Conformities
  • Contact person for ARK 2016-2017, 2021-2022
  • Contact person for new employees
  • Booking of hotels and flights for guests
  • Contact person for the University Travel Agent: Berg Hansen, for group travel and guest travel. Arranges Strategy meetings for SKOK and SVT every two-four years
  • Booking of restaurants and reception rooms for courses, conferences and parties
  • Ordering office supplies, furniture, books, food, PCs/MACs, other services, etc.
  • Responsible for employee IDs (kortansvarlig)
  • Front office, mail, the archives, e-Phorte, maintaining all e-mail lists and is the library contact person
  • SEBRA contact person
  • Contact person for LYDIA
  • Provides support for planning and carrying out HSE activities such as Soup Days, house parties, HSE-Days, etc. 
  • Various administrative duties
  • Room booking, including the Centre's seminar room
  • Assisting the Center's Director and Head of Administration

Idunn Tandstad is Senior Executive Officer and works with master and doctoral education. She is employed in a 100 % position and is responsible for the following tasks:

  • Student guidance
  • Administration of education at master level (recruitment, quality in studies and education, examination, study plans, internationalisation)
  • Administration of doctoral education
  • Webpages
  • PhD coordinator

Sigrid Sandal is Senior Executive Officer and works with education at bachelor level. She is employed in a 50 % position, and is responsible for the following tasks:

  • Student guidance
  • Administration of education at bachelor level (recruitment, quality in studies and education, examination, study plans, internationalisation)

Employment opportunities

1. Jobbnorge

For employment opportunities all over Norway and UiB. See more at jobbnorge.no.

2. STS-GRAD mailing list (worldwide)

The list represents an international network of junior scholars interested in Science and Technology Studies. It circulates information about conferences, publication opportunities, and jobs, establishes links among scholars with similar interests, and offers a forum for discussion. You need a Google account to be a member.

Here is the website if you want to check it out.

Sign in front of SKOK/SVT office building

SKOK's home at Ida Bloms hus, Parkveien 9.

Thor Brødreskift/UiB