Momentum career development programme for early stage researchers
Momentum is UiB’s flagship development programme for early stage researchers - postdocs, forsker or førsteammanuensis – who wish to pursue an academic career at a research university.
The Momentum Program consists of 4 two-day seminars, planned to run between September 2020-April 2021. The final seminar takes place at the UiB Brussels Office. Topics covered over the course of the programme include:
- Career development planning
- Identifying, understanding and delivering excellence in research
- Identifying and applying for research funding (national, EU, international)
- Publishing; biblio- and alt-metrics
- Developing your professional network
- Collaborating across disciplines
- Innovation in research
- Communicating your research to non-academic audiences
- Project management
- Building successful research groups
- UiB Brussels; international research perspectives and how to promote your research internationally
Momentum stipend and mentoring
In addition to training, each Momentum delegate will receive 100,000 NOK to spend on their career development and be offered the opportunity to work with an international academic mentor.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be under 40 years of age at the deadline or must have completed their PhD within the last 5 years, with deductions for statutory leave. Employees in temporary positions must have at least 12 months of their employment contract remaining.
The application process
If you would like to apply, please complete the online application form and upload the following supplementary documents:
- a cover letter outlining applicant’s motivation for applying to the programme
- your CV
- a short letter of recommendation from the academic management at your department, institute or research centre
Your application must be submitted by the deadline: 17:00 on Friday, 5th June.
If you have any questions relating to the application process or the Momentum programme, please contact Katie Anders – firstname.lastname@example.org