Doctoral defences at K1
Doctoral defences from 2013 till now, in chronological order.
Doctoral defences in 2018
- Sara Maria Mathisen defended 11. January her thesis “Risk factors influencing long-term survival and nursing home placement in stroke survivors and patients with carotid stenosis”. Supervisors: Martin Kurz, Jan Petter Larsen.
- Eivind Sirnes defended 02. February his thesis “Cerebral magnetic resonance imaging in children with prenatal drug exposure Structural and functional aspects of the opioid-exposed brain”. Supervisors: Stein Magnus Aukland, Irene Birkow Elgen, Hilde Stokvold Gundersen, Silja Torvik Griffiths.
- Sanjeevan Sriskandarajah defended 16. February his thesis “ANCA- associated glomerulonephritis prognostic factors and outcome in a Norwegian cohort”. Supervisors: Rune Oskar Bjørneklett, Steinar Skrede, Leif Henry Bostad, Knut Aasarød.
- Tor Audun Klingen defended 20. February his thesis “Vascular invasion by tumor cells, and other prognostic factors in a population.based breast cancer study”. Supervisors: Lars Akslen, Elisabeth Wik.
- Hilde Løland von Volkmann defended 20. Mars her thesis “Gastrointestinal disturbances in patients with Familial GUCY2C Diarrhea Syndrome”. Supervisors: Odd Helge Gilja, Torunn Fiskerstrand, Kim Nylund.
- Maria Ramnefjell defended 10. April her thesis “Prognostic biomarkers and clinico-pathologic characteristics in non-small cell lung cancer. A study with special focus on tumor- vascular interactions.” Supervisors: Lars Akslen, Lars Helgeland.
- Novin Balafkan defended 18. April his thesis “Modelling mitochondrial disease in cardiomyocytes generated from patient induced stem cells”. Supervisors: Laurence Bindoff, Charalampos Tzoulis, Janniche Torsvik.
- Emilia Hugdahl defended 20. April her thesis “Prognostic and molecular markers in primary and metastatic melanoma”. Supervisors: Lars Akslen, Rita Grude Ladstein.
- Kjersti Nesheim Power defended 20. April her thesis “Consequences of status epilepticus in adults with particular focus on cognitive function”. Supervisors: Bernt A Engelsen, Nils Erik Gilhus, Arne Gramstad.
- Maiken Kirkegåård Brix defended 03. May her thesis “Establishing Reliable MR spectroscopy techniques for measuring GABA and Glutathione in the human brain.” Supervisors: Mona K Beyer, Lars Ersland, Kenneth Hugdahl.
- Katrin Brauckhoff defended 04. May her thesis “Injury of the recurrent laryngeal nerve Clinical and experimental studies focusing on intraoperative neuromonitoring” Supervisors: Paul Husby, Kerstin Lorenz, Martin Biermann.
- Aurora Selvik defended 25. May her thesis “Cancer-Associated Ischemic Stroke: The Bergen NORSTROKE Study” Supervisors: Halvor Næss, Christopher Elnan Kvistad, Lars Thomassen,Ulrike Waje-Andreassen.
Rajiv Advani defended 30. May his thesis “Organisational and Informational Changes to Acute Onset stroke treatment aimed at increasing the availability of treatment and improving outcomes” Supervisors: Martin Kurz, Halvor Næss.
Arne Kodal defended 01. June his thesis “Long-term follow-up of cognitive behavior therapy for youth with anxiety disorders: Outcome, predictors and social anxiety” Supervisors: Ingvar Bjelland, Gro Janne Wergeland, Krister Fjermestad.
Friedemann Erchinger defended 12. June his thesis “A short endoscopic Secretin test for the diagnosis of chronic pancreatitisanxiety” Supervisors: Georg Dimcevski, Odd Helge Gilja, Trygve Hausken.
Trond Engjom defended 13. June his thesis “Ultrasonography of the pancreas in Cystic Fibrosos and Chronic pancreatitis. Pancreatic ultrasound revisted.” Supervisors: Georg Dimcevski, Odd Helge Gilja, Birger Norderud Lærum.
Erland Hermansen defended 15. June his thesis “Clinical and radiological results after three different posterior decompression techniques for lumbar spinal stenosis” Supervisors: Kari Indrekavm, Christian Hellum.
Israa Abdul Rhman Hassab Allah Alhaj Ahmed defended 26. July his thesis “Identification of prognostic biomarkers for oral squamous cell carcinoma - Study on human samples and experimental models -” Supervisors: Daniela Elena Costea, Anne Christine Johannessen, Dipak Sapkota.
Peder O. Laugen Heggdal defended 27. August his thesis “Functional-structual reorganization of the neuronal network for auditory perception after unilateral hearing loss” Supervisors: Hand Jørgen Arstad, Karsten Specht, Jonas Brannstrom, Flemming Vassbotn.
Stian Almeland defended 31. August his thesis “Undergraduate education in plastic surgery” Supervisors: Emma Hansson, Anne Berit Guttormsen, Carolin Freccero, Louis de Weerd.
Monica Dalva Valvatne defended 13. September her thesis “Genetic and cellular studies of carboxyl-ester lipase (CEL), a protein involved in exocrine and endocrine pancreatic disease” Supervisors: Anders Molven, Karianne Fjeld, Bente Berg Johansson, Pål Rasmus Njølstad.
Vilhelm F. Koefoed defended 14. September his thesis “A proper lookout. Studies of contrast sensitivity.” Supervisors: Gunnar Høvding, Eilif Dahl.
Bjørg Elvevoll defended 28. September her thesis “Microvascular fluid shifts during cardiopulmonary bypass and intraabdominal hypertension” Supervisors: Øyvind Sverre Svendsen, Paul Husby, Venny Lise Kvalheim, Oddbjørn Haugen.
Khadija El Jellas defended 28. September her thesis “Carboxyl-ester lipase in human pancreatic disease:A study with focus on genetics, glycosylation and ABO blood groups.” Supervisors: Anders Molven, Karianne Fjeld, Bente Berg Johansson og Pål Rasmus Njølstad.
Monica Haraldseid Breitve defended 28. September her thesis “Carboxyl-ester lipase in human pancreatic disease:A study with focus on genetics, glycosylation and ABO blood groups.” Supervisors: Arvid Rongve, Minna Hynninen,Kolbjørn Brønnick.
Lisbeth Sandtorv defended 31. October her thesis “Mental health and care situation in school-aged children prenatally exposed to alcohol and other substances: a hospital-based study'” Supervisors: Irene Elgen, Siren Haugland.
Karin Margrethe Hjelle defended 02. November her thesis “A population based study on kidney cancer in Norway (2008-13). - Aspects of biopsy use, surgical treatment and outcome” Supervisors: Christian Beisland, Tom Børge Johannesen, Leif H. Bostad.
Hans Olav Ueland defended 02. November his thesis “Surgical treatment of patients with thyroid eye disease” Supervisors: Eyvind Rødahl, Olav Henrik Haugen, Svein Arthur Hønsl- Jensen.
Henning Kristian Olberg defended 23. November his thesis “Influenza virus infection and vaccination in Guillain-Barré syndrome and Multiple Sclerosis” Supervisors: Christian Vedeler, Kjell-Morten Myhr.
Randi Brendbekken defended 11. December her thesis “Multidisciplinary intervention versus brief intervention in specialist healthcare. Attempting to improve outcomes for patients on sick leave with musculoskeletal pain” Supervisors: Tone Tangen, Hege Randi Eriksen, Stein Atle Lie, Anette Harris.
Doctoral defences in 2017
Georg Bollig defended 13. February his thesis “Ethical challenges, decision-making and end-of-life care in nursing homes”. Supervisors:Jan Henrik Rosland, Eva Gjengedal og Andreas Heller.
Tesfaye Hordofa Leta defended 10. March his thesis “Revision Knee Arthroplasty in Norway 1994-2011. A register-based study with focus on implant survival, pain relief, functional outcome, patient satisfaction, health related quality of life, and causes and risk of re-revision”. Supervisors: Ove Furnes, Stein Håkon Låstad Lygre og Berit Rokne.
Thomas Knoop defended 17. March his thesis “Prognostic aspects of IgA nephropathy”. Supervisors: Rune Oscar Bjørneklett og Bjørn Egil Vikse
Cathrine Enoksen defended 8. June her thesis“Deformation and initial stability in hip arthroplasty. Effect of neck geometry and fixation – an experimental cadaver study”. Supervisors: Nils Roar Gjerdet, Tina Strømdal Wik og Astvaldur J. Arthursson.
Christian Sætersdal defended 9. June his thesis“Clubfoot treatment in Norway. Introduction of the Ponseti method has improved the outcome”. Supervisors: Lars B. Engesæter, Jonas Meling Fevang.
Sura Aziz defended 27. June her thesis “Biological and clinico-pathologic markers in breast cancer. With focus on histologic features, markers of proliferation and angiogenesis”. Supervisors:Lars A. Akslen, Elisabeth Wik.
Doctoral defences in 2016
- Eirik Magnus Degerud defended Tuesday, January 19th his thesis “Vitamin D status and cardiovascular disease. Observational studies in patients who underwent coronary angiography”. Supervisors: Jutta Dierkes, Ottar Kjell Nygård, Stefan de Vogel. Read more here (Norw.).
- Jintana Bunpan Andersen defended Friday, January 22th her thesis “Epidemiology, comorbidity and clinical course of myasthenia gravis. A registry-based study.”. Supervisors: Nils Erik Gilhus, Jone Furlund Owe, Anders Engeland. Read more here (Norw.).
- Jenny Hild Aase Husby defended Friday, February 5th her thesis “Functional imaging to promote individualized and targeted therapy in endometrial cancer”. Supervisors: Ingrid S. Haldorsen, Helga S. Salvesen. Read more here (Norw.).
- Per Jesper Fredrik Blomquist defended Friday, February 12th his thesis “Surgical treatment of shoulder instability in Norway.The Norwegian Shoulder Instability Register” Supervisors: Leif Ivar Havelin, Eirik Johan Solheim Read more here (Norw.).
- Bård Flattun Lilleeng defended Friday, February 12th his thesis “Long term clinical disease progression in patients with Parkinson’s disease after STN Deep Brain Stimulation” Supervisors: Jan Petter Larsen, Espen Dietrichs. Read more here (Norw.).
- Kristin Modalsli Sand defended Friday, March 11th her thesis “Stroke and vision. Management and outcome of vision problems in ischemic stroke patients” Supervisors: Jana Midelfart Hoff, Lars Thomassen, Halvor Næss, Ulrike Waje-Andreassen. Read more here (Norw.).
- Halvor Øygarden defended Friday, Aril 8th his thesis “Family history in young and middle-aged acute ischemic stroke patients. Norwegian Stroke in the Young Study”. Supervisors: Ulrike Waje-Andreassen, Lars Thomassen Read more here (Norw.).
- Sudeep Mukerji defended Friday, April 29th his thesis “A transneuronal analysis of the olivocochlear and the middle ear muscle reflex pathway" Supervisors: Nils Erik Gilhus, Daniel Lee, Christian Brown. Read more here (Norw.).
- Himalaya Parajuli defended Friday, April 29th his thesis “Role of integrin α11 in oral carcinogenesis. In vitro and in vivo studies” Supervisors: Daniela Elena Costea, Anne C. Johannessen, Donald Gulberg. Read more here (Norw.).
- Dobrinko Socanski defended Wednesday June 15th his thesis “Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and occurrence of epilepsy, interictal epileptiform discharges and two years follow-up in children”. Supervisors: Tor Ketil Larsen, Per Hove Thomsen, Dag Aarsland. Read more here (Norw.).
- Sveinung Fjær defended Monday, June 20th his thesis «Magnetization Transfer Ratio in Experimental Models of Multiple Sclerosis» Supervisors: Kjell-Morten Myhr, Lars Bø, Arvid Lundervold, Tina Pavlin, Stig Wergeland. Read more here (Norw.).
- Yngve Nygård defended Thursday, September 22th his thesis“On the diagnosis of early stage Prostate Cancer with an emphasis on Prostate Cancer Gene 3 (PCA3) and Real-Time Elastography (RTE)” Supervisors: Christian Beisland og Svein Andreas Haukaas. Read more here (Norw.).
- Mona Badawy defended Friday, October 7th her thesis"Influence of hospital procedure volume and the risk of revision in knee arthroplasty surgery". Supervisors: Ove Furnes, Birgitte Espehaug, Kari Indrekvam og Leif Havelin. Read more here (Norw.).
- Paschal Joseph Ruggajo defended Wednesday, October 19th his thesis “Low Birth Weight and Risk of Progressive Kidney Disease Epidemiological and Morphological Studies” Supervisors:Bjørn Egil Vikse og Einar Svarstad. Read more here (Norw.).
- Gøril Knutsvik defended Monday, October 31th her thesis “Biomarkers in breast cancer, with special focus on tumor cell proliferation" Supervisors: Lars Akslen og Ingunn Stefansson. Read more here (Norw.).
- Lavina Ahmed defended Wednesday, November 2th her thesis «Axl as a Biomarker in Breast and Lung Cancer». Supervisors:Lars A. Akslen, David Micklem og Hawa Nalwoga. Read more here (Norw.).
- Oddvar Mathias Sandvik defended Friday, November 4th his thesis «Epidemiology and Management of Rare Gastrointestinal Tumors: lessons from gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine neoplasms and gastrointestinal stromal tumors» Supervisors: Jon Arne Soreide og Kjetil Soreide. Read more here (Norw.).
- Knut Evanger defended Friday, November 11th his thesis «Ocular changes in patients during hyperbaric oxygen therapy -with emphasis on refractive changes and optical components». Supervisors: Olav H. Haugen og Einar Thorsen. Read more here (Norw.).
- Simone Reiter defended Friday, November 11th her thesis "Psychiatric disease, adverse social aspects and quality of life in women and men with epilepsy related to pregnancy". Supervisors: Nils Erik Gilhus, Bernt A. Engelsen, Anne Kjersti Daltveit og Gyri Veiby. Read more here (Norw.).
- Cornelia Schuster defended Tuesday, November 22th her thesis "Investigation of predictive markers in patients with metastatic melanoma treated with bevacizumab". Supervisors: Oddbjørn Straume og Lars Akslen. Read more here (Norw.).
- Eli Eikefjord defended Tuesday, Desember 13th her thesis «Towards clinical application of renal dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI – optimization of technical performance and evaluation of clinical feasibility». Supervisors: Jarle Rørvik, Arvid Lundervold og Erling Andersen. Read more here (Norw.).
Doctoral defences in 2015
Inger Hjørdis Bleskestad defended Thursday January 22th in Stavanger her thesis ”Markers of disturbed mineral metabolism in chronic kidney disease - with emphasis on kidney transplant patients”. Supervisors: Lasse Gøranson and Hugo Bergrem. Read more here (Norw.).
Christopher Elnan Kvistad defended February 20th his thesis ”Recanalization in cerebral Inschemia”. Supervisors: Halvor Næss and Lars Thomassen. Read more here (Norw.).
Francoise J. Siepel defended Friday March 13th her thesis “[123I] FP-CIT SPECT in Lewy body disease” Supervisors: Dag Arsland, Nils Erik Gilhus, Mona Kristiansen Beyer. Read more here (Norw.).
Thomas Werner Lindner defended Thursday March 26th his thesis “Epidemiology, treatment and outcome of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest” Supervisors: H: Eldar Søreide, Hans Morten Lossius, Odd Bjarte Nilsen. Read more here (Norw.).
Gro Janne Henningsen Wergeland defended Wednesday April 29th her thesis “Effectiveness of cognitive behavior therapy for youth with anxiety disorders: a randomized controlled study”. Supervisors: Einar Røshol Heiervang, Bente Storm Mowatt Haugland, Lars-Göran, Ingvar Bjelland. Read more here (Norw.).
Lars Fjetland defended Friday 8th May his thesis “Endovascular stroke treatment at Stavanger University Hospital”. Supervisors: Martin Kurz, Jan Petter Larsen, Roy Sumit. Read more here (Norw.).
Ellen Berget defended Wednesday 27th May her thesis “Molecular approaches to the diagnosis and evaluation of follicular lymphoma”. Supervisors: Olav Karsten Vintermyr, Anders Molven, Lars Helgeland. Read more here (Norw.).
Judit Haász defended Monday June 8th her thesis “Structural and functional brain imaging and cognition in aging and stroke”. Supervisors: Lars Thomassen, Arvid Lundervold, Karsten Specht, Astri Johansen Lundervold. Read more here (Norw.).
Hanne Marit Bjørgaas defended Friday June 12th her thesis “Psychiatric disorders in children with cerebral palsy. Is there a need for mental health screening?”. Supervisors: Irene Elgen, Mari Hysing. Read more here (Norw.).
Knut Harboe defended Thursday August 20th his thesis “Developing a novel femoral stem in hip arthroplasty. An innovation process using a weight-bearing animal model”. Supervisors: Kari Indrekvam, Nils Roar Gjerdet, Kjetil Søreide. Read more here (Norw.).
Tarek Ramzi Elia Mazzawi defended Friday August 28th his thesis “The role of diet in irritable bowel syndrome with special reference to gut neuroendocrine system”. Supervisor: Magdy El-Salhy. Read more here (Norw.).
Jorunn Litlekalsøy defended Friday September 18th her thesis “Time relations of biological markers in urothelial carcinomas”. Supervisors: Ole Didrik Lærum, Jens Høstmark, August Bakke, Daniela Elena Costea. Read more here (Norw.).
Eva Dybvik defended Friday September 18th her thesis “Cancer and Total Hip Replacement. Cancer as a risk factor for prosthesis and prosthesis as a risk factor for cancer”. Supervisors: Stein Atle Lie, Ove Furnes, Sophie D. Fosså. Read more here (Norw.).
Eivind Inderhaug defended Friday October 9th his thesis ”Changing paradigms of ACL surgery – from transtibial to a more anatomic approach”. Supervisors: Eirik Solheim, Torbjoern Strand, Allan Larsen. Read more here (Norw.).
Ib Jammer defended Thursday, November 5th his thesis “Perioperative interventions and postoperative outcomes”. Supervisors: Reidar Kvåle, Gro Østgaard, Hans Flaatten. Read more here. (Norw.).
Steinar Lundemoen defended Friday, November 13th his thesis “Pulsatile and non-pulsatile perfusion strategies during cardiopulmonary bypass. An experimental approach to anesthesia, hemodynamics, microvascular fluid shifts, and tissue perfusion”. Supervisors: Paul Husby, Ketil Grong, Venny Lise Kvalheim. Read more here. (Norw.).
Astrid Louise Betten Rygh defended Friday, December 11th her thesis “Obstetric anal sphincter injuries. A population-based study of improvement of care”. Supervisors: Hartwig Kørner, Torbjørn Moe Eggebø, Finn Egil Skjeldestad. Read more here. (Norw.).
Kenneth Finne defended Friday, December 11th his thesis :“Proteomic signature of glomerular and tubular damage in hypertensive kidney disease”. Supervisors: Bjørn Egil Vikse, Olav Tenstad, Frode Berven. Read more here. (Norw.).
Elisabeth Beisland defended Friday, December 11th her thesis “Health-related Quality of Life, Distress and Psychosocial Factors in Head and Neck- and Renal Cancer Patients. Quality of Life in HNSCC and RCC patients”. Supervisor: Anne Kari Hersvik Aarstad. Read more here. (Norw.).
Doctoral defences in 2014
Line Iden Berge defended Thursday 4. December her thesis “Depression and migraine comorbid to diabetes. Epidemiological studies utilizing data from the Norwegian Prescription Database and the Hordaland Health Study” . Supervisors: Trond Riise, Anders Lund, Øivind Hundal and Ketil Ødegaard. Line has affiliation to the The Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care as well as to K1. Read more here (Norw.).
Ute Kessler defended her thesis Friday 28 November her thesis ”Electorconvilsive thearpy for bipolar disorder depression - Effects on depressive symptoms and cognitive function”. Supervisors: Arne Vaaler, Helle Schøyen, Ketil Ødegaard and Åsa Hammar. Read more here (Norw.).
Linda Berg defended Friday 21 November her thesis ”MRI findings in candidates for lumbar disc prosthesis: reliability and relationship to disability and pain”. Supervisors: Ansgar Espeland and Geir Egil Eide.eRead more here (Norw.).
- Kenneth Thorsen defended Thursday 30 October in Stavanger his thesis ”Perforated peptic ulcer: epidemiology, managment and outcome prediction”. Supervisors: Kjetil Søreide and Jon Arne Søreide. Read more here (Norw.).
- Siri Nome defended Monday 20 October her thesis ”The Burden of mental health in a period with profound organizational and ideological chang-es during two decades – A prospective longitudinal clinical study of the utility of beds, mortality, and causes of death in a psychiatric hospital with sector responsibility”. Supervisor: Fred Holsten. Read more here (Norw.).
- Jo Erling Riise Waage defended Thursday 2nd of October his thesis ”Strain elastography evaluation of rectal tumours - A critical assessment of a new imaging modality”. Supervisors: Frank Pfeffer, Svein Ødegaard and Gunnar Baatrup. Read more here (Norw.).
- Håvard Visnes defended September 12th his thesis ”Risk factors for jumper’s knee”. Supervisors: Roald Bahr, Agnar Tegnander and Kari Indrekvam. Read more here (Norw.).
- Eirik Søfteland defended September 11th his thesis ”The diabetic gut. Mapping visce-ral sensations from gut to brain.”. Supervisors: Georg Dimcevski, Bjørn Nedrebøe, Odd Helge Gilja, Trygve Hausken and Jens B. Frøkjær. Read more here (Norw.).
- Nezla Duric defended September 4th her thesis ”Children and Adolescents with At-tention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Characteristics and Treatment with Neurofeedback”. Supervisors: Irene Elgen and Kjell Morten Stormark. Read more here (Norw.).
- Alexander Lebedev defended September 2nd his thesis ”Cognitive impairment in neurodegenerative diseases: insights from computational neuroimaging”. Supervisors: Dag Årsland, Eric Westman, Nils Erik Gilhus, Mona K. Beyer and Arvid Lundervold. Read more here (Norw.).
- Bente Sandvei Skeie defended her thesis "Gamma Knife Surgery for Intracranial Tumours – Clinical and Experimental studies” on the 20.6.14.
- Bernd Müller defended his thesis: “Early Parkinson’s Disease ˗ Incidence, clinical features and quality of life in a population-based cohort study” on the 6.6.14.
- Ok Målfrid Mangrud defended her thesis: “Identification of patients with high and low risk of progression of urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder stage Ta and T1” on the 6.6.14.
- Tarig Osman defended his thesis: “Cancer stem cell-related markers in normal and neoplastic oral mucosa; a study on human samples and experimental models”.
- Anne Taraldsen Hedal defended his thesis: «Myasthenia gravis and acetylcholine receptor-antibodies. AChR-antibodies as a marker for epidemiological studies and in the follow-up of patients» on the 28.05.14.
- Kristian Eeg Storli defended his thesis: ”The prognostic impact of radical laparoscopic surgical treatment of colon cancer” on the 09.05.14.
- Torbjørn Hiis Bergh defended his thesis:"Wrist injuries with normal x-rays. A study of MRI findings, clinical tests and costs of different diagnostic strategies” on the 04.04.14.
- Øyvind Ulvik defended his thesis: ”Ureteroscopy with and without a safety guide wire in the treatment of ureteral calculi. An assessment of personal preferences, mechanical forces and clinical outcomes” on 13.03.14.
- Bård Heradstveit defended his thesis: «Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest – Capnography during CPR, fluid leakage and MRI following therapeutic hypothermia» on the 07.03.14.
- Cathrine Breivik defended her thesis: “Vestibular schwannoma: Treatment options and symptom development- Effect on quality of life and working ability” on the 07.03.14.
- Thomas Kadar defended his thesis:: “Wear and Migration in Cemented Total Hip Arthroplasty” on the 06.03.14.
- Amani Osman defended his thesis: "Characterization of the tumor stroma and stem cell niche in oral squamous cell carcinoma" on the 20.02.14.
Annette Fromm defended her thesis:“Ischemic stroke and atherosclerosis at a young age. The Norwegian Stroke in the Young Study” on the 31.01.14.
Sven Young defended his thesis:“Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery in Low-Income Countries. Follow-up, Infections and HIV” on the 31.01.14.
Doctoral defences in 2013
K1 had 36 doctoral defences in 2013.
Øystein Johannes Gøthesen disputerte 29.11.13 med avhandlinga “Computer Navigation in Total Knee Replacement Surgery. Effect on Outcome”. Vegleiarar er Ove Furnes og Sigbjørn Berentsen. Les meir her.
Arnstein Tveiten disputerte 29.11.13 med avhandlinga “Intracerebral Hemorrhage in Southern Norway. A study of incidence and outcome” . Vegleiarar er Halvor Næss, Unn Ljøstad og Åse Mygland. Les meir her.
Silja Torvik Griffiths disputerte 22.11.13 med avhandlinga ”Functional MRI, structural MRI and school performance in extremely preterm/extremely low birth weight children.” Vegleiarar er Irene Elgen, Stein Magnus Aukland og Trond Markestad. Les meir her.
Gyri Veiby disputerte 22.11.13 med avhandlinga “Outcome in children born to mothers with epilepsy. Register-based studies on the teratogenicity of antiepileptic drugs”. Vegleiarar er Nils Erik Gilhus, Bernt Engelsen og Anne Kjersti Daltveit. Les meir her.
Hege Kristin Brekke disputerte 14.11.13 med avhandlinga: “Fluid homeostasis during hypothermia and CPB in pigs. A: Evaluation of centrifugation method for isolation of interstitial fluid. B: Studies on pharmacological interventions” . Vegleiar er Paul Husby. Les meir her.
Ingvild Øvstebø Engesæter disputerte 08.11.13 med avhandlinga ”Hip dysplasia in young adults.” Vegleiarar er Karen Rosendahl, Stein Atle Lie og Jonas Fevang. Les meir her.
Nada Mohamed Suliman disputerte 08.11.13 med avhandlinga ”Oral Mucosal Lesions and Oral Health-Related Quality of Life in Persons Attending a Dermatology Clinic in Khartoum, Sudan”. Vegleiarar er Anne Chr. Johannessen, Anne N. Åstrøm, og Raouf W. Ali. Les meir her.
Nils Petter Oveland disputerte 21.10.13 med avhandlingen: “Ultrasound Detection of Pneumothorax. Development of a porcine pneumothorax model to assess and teach lung ultrasound diagnostics”. Veiledere er Hans Morten Lossius, Eldar Søreide og Erik Sloth. Sted: Stavanger. Les mer her.
Wei Wei Feng disputerte 24.06.13 med avhandlingen ”Diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic aspects of endometrial stroma sarcomas—low grade and undifferentiated endometrial sarcoma”. Veileder er Jan Baak. Les mer her.
Lene Bjerke Laborie disputerte 19.09.13 med avhandlingen: “Hip Dysplasia and Femorotibial Impingement. Studies in newborns and young adults with focus on Radiology and Clinical Epidemiology ”. Veiledere er Karen Rosendahl og Lars Engesæter. Les mer her.
Xiao Liang disputerte 18.06.13 med avhandlingen ”Biological characteristics of stem-like cells in oral squamous cell carcinoma”. Veiledere er Daniela Elena Costea, Anne Christine Johannessen og Jian Wang. Les mer her.
Christian Jonasson disputerte 18.06.13 med avhandlingen ”Proton pump inhibitors in acid-related diseases. Issues in diagnosis, treatment and outcome”. Veiledere er Jan Hatlebakk og Trygve Hausken. Les mer her.
Dag Aurlien disputerte 31.05.13 med avhandlingen ”Mortality in epilepsy and the influence of comorbid conditions and antiepileptic drugs ”. Veiledere er Leif Gjerstad, Erik Taubøll og Jan Petter Larsen. Les mer her.
Miriam Kristine Sandvik disputerte 24.05.13 med avhandlingen ”Renal disease and cardiovascular risk factors after preeclampsia ”. Veiledere er Bjørn Egil Vikse og Einar Svarstad, opprinnelig også Bjarne M. Iversen. Les mer her.
Nina Louise Jebsen disputerte 24.05.13 med avhandlingen ”Adjuvant radiotherapy in extremity and trunk wall soft tissue sarcoma—Scandinavian Sarcoma Group experience”. Veiledere er Clement S.Trovik, Øyvind Bruland og Jacob Engellau. Les mer her.
Kjell Matre disputerte 19.04.13 med avhandlingen ”Treatment of trochanteric and subtrochanteric hip fractures – sliding hip screw or intramedullary nail?”. Veiledere er Jonas M. Fevang og Leif Ivar Havelin. Les mer her.
Tor Oddbjørn Tveit disputerte 18.04.13 med avhandlingen ” Remifentanil as analgesia for labour pain”. Veileder er Jan Henrik Rosland. Les mer her.
Camilla Tøndel defended 05.04.13 her Ph.D thesis ”Markers of nephropathy in young Fabry disease patients; role of kidney biopsies and functional measurements”. Supervisors are Einar Svarstad and Bjørn Egil Vikse. Read more here (Norw.).
Bjørn Steinar Olden Nedrebø defended 05.04.13 his Ph.D thesis ”Colorectal Cancer in Norway. National Treatment Guidelines and Outcomes”. Supervisors are Hartwig Kørner, Kjetil Søreide and Jon Arne Søreide. Read more here (Norw.).
Tom Birger Glomsaker defended 21.03.13 is Ph.D thesis ”Endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP) in Norway: Patterns of activity and undesired events ”. Supervisors are Jon Arne Søreide and Lars Aabakken. Read more here (Norw.).
Sonia Gavasso defended 19.03.13 her Ph.D thesis ”Evaluation of interferon-beta neutralizing antibodies in individual patients with multiple sclerosis based on phospho-specific flow cytometry ”. Supervisors are Christian A. Vedeler and Kjell-Morten Myhr. Read more here (Norw.).
Dag Hoem defended 13.03.13 his Ph.D thesis ”Clinical, experimental and molecular aspects of pancreatic tumors ”. Supervisors are Asgaut Viste and Anders Molven. Read more here (Norw.)
Kine Gregersen defended 08.03.13 her Ph.D thesis ”Subjective food hypersensitivity: Studies on enterochromaffin cell secretion products and effects of seal oil therapy”. Supervisors are Gülen A. Lied, Jørgen Valeur and Livar Frøyland. Read more here (Norw.)
Kristin Jonsdottir defended 08.03.13 her Ph.D thesis ”Comparison of the prognostic value of microRNA, gene-expression signatures and proliferation in early node-negative breast cancer ”. Supervisors are Emilius A.M.Janssen and Jan P.A. Baak. Read more here (Norw.)
Terje Meling defended 07.03.13 his Ph.D thesis ”Implementation of a fracture and dislocation registry. Epidemiology and scoring validity of long-bone fractures ”. Supervisors are Kjetil Søreide and Astumdur Arthurson. Read more here (Norw.)
Trude Skogstrand disputerte 01.03.13 for ph.d. – graden ved UiB med avhandlingen ”Renal fibrosis in the rat”. Veiledere er Bjørn Egil Vikse, Michael Hultström og Rolf Reed. Opprinnelig hovedveileder var Bjarne Iversen. Les mer her.
Tore Grimstad disputerte 01.03.13 for ph.d. – graden ved UiB med avhandlingen ”Anti-inflammatory effects of marine nutritional products in the treatment of ulcerative colitis. Based on clinical and animal studies ”. Veiledere er Trygve Hausken, Roald Omdal og Rolf K.Berge. Les mer her.
Morten Duus Odberg disputerte 14.02.13 for ph.d. – graden ved UiB med avhandlingen ”Lav Fødselsvekt, unge voksne: Mental og somatisk helse ”. Veiledere er Irene Elgen, Karen Rosendal og Fred Holsten. Les mer her.
Håvard Dale disputerte 08.02.13 for ph.d. – graden ved UiB med avhandlingen ”Infection after primary hip arthroplasty. Epidemiology, time trends and risk factors in data from national health registers. The Norwegian Arthroplasty Register”. Veiledere er Lars B. Engesæter, Leif I. Havelin og Birgitte Espehaug. Les mer her.
Rita Grude Ladstein disputerte 01.02.13 for ph.d. – graden ved UiB med avhandlingen: ”Prognostic markers in cutaneous melanoma with emphasis on proliferation and tumor necrosis”. Veiledere er Lars A. Akslen og Ingeborg M. Bachmann. Les mer på denne linken.
Rune Andreas Kroken disputerte 31.01.13 for ph.d.-graden ved UiB med avhandlingen: «Antipsychotic drug treatment of patients with schizophrenia, Practice and effectiveness». Veiledere er Erik Jonsen, Hugo A. Jørgensen og Torleif Ruud. Les mer på denne linken.
Trude Gundersen Lehmann disputerte 18.01.13 for ph.d. – graden ved UiB med avhandlingen: «Slipped capital femoral epiphysis. Diagnosis, treatment and long-term outcome». Veiledere er Lars B. Engesæter og Karen Rosendal. Les mer på denne linken.
Kim Nylund disputerer 18.01.13 for ph.d.-graden ved UiB med avhandlingen: «Ultrasound in Crohn’s Disease - bowel wall characteristics and perfusion estimates using microbubbles». Veiledere er Trygve Hausken, Odd Helge Gilja og Svein Ødegaard. Les mer på denne linken.
Stig Wergeland disputerte 11.01.13 for ph.d.-graden ved UiB med avhandlingen: «Vitamin D and ω-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids as disease modifying factors in multiple sclerosis». Veiledere er Lars Bø og Kjell-Morten Myhr. Les mer på denne linken.