- 2012. Zebrafish enhancer trap line showing maternal and neural expression of kctd15a. Development, Growth and Differentiation. 241-252.
- 2011. Zebrafish transgenic lines co-expressing a hybrid Gal4 activator and eGFP in tissue-restricted patterns. Gene Expression Patterns. 517-524.
- 2010. Autoregulatory binding sites in the zebrafish six3a promoter region define a new recognition sequence for Six3 proteins. The FEBS Journal. 1761-1775.
- 2009. Labelling and targeted ablation of specific bipolar cell types in the zebrafish retina. BMC Neuroscience. 14 pages.
- 2009. Distinct expression of two foxg1 paralogues in zebrafish. Gene Expression Patterns. 266-272.
- 2008. Treatment with small interfering RNA affects the microRNA pathway and causes unspecific defects in zebrafish embryos. The FEBS Journal. 2177-2184.
- 2007. Zebrafish kidney marrow contains ABCG2-dependent side population cells exhibiting hematopoietic stem cell properties. Differentiation. 175-183.
- 2006. Zebrafish kidney marrow contains ABCG2-dependent side population cells exhibiting hematopoietic stem cell properties. Differentiation. 1-9.
- 2003. Retinal expression of zebrafish six3.1 and its regulation by Pax6. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. 475-481.
- 2003. Isolation and characterization of two teleost melanopsin genes and their differential expression within the inner retina and brain. Journal of Comparative Neurology. 84-93.
- 2001. RNA interference: mechanisms and applications. Biotechnology Annual Review. 31-57.
- 2001. Molecular cloning and embryonic expression of Xenopus Six homeobox genes. Mechanisms of Development. 271-277.
- 2001. Molecular cloning and characterisation of five opsin genes from the marine flatfish Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus). Visual Neuroscience. 767-780.
- 1999. Three structurally and functionally conserved Hlx genes in zebrafish. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, Gene Structure and Expression. 323-335.
- 1999. Six class homebox genes in Drosophila belong to three distinct families and are involved in head development. Mechanisms of Development. 127-139.
- 1999. Double-stranded RNA induces specific developmental defects in Zebrafish Embryos. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. 156-161.
- 1999. Double-Stranded RNA Induces Specific Developmental Defects in Zebrafish Embryos. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. 156-161.
- 1999. A Novel Paired Domain DNA Recognition Motif Can Mediate Pax2 Represion of Gene Transcription. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. 532-541.
- 1998. Transient expression of a novel Six3-related zebrafish gene during gastrulation and eye formation. Gene. 39-46.
- 1998. The zebrafish Pax3 and Pax7 homologues are highly conserved, encode multiple isoforms and show dynamic segment-like expression in the developing brain. Mechanisms of Development. 49-63.
- 1998. Expression of two zebrafish homologues of the murine Six3 gene demarcates the initial eye primordia. Mechanisms of Development. 45-57.
- 1997. A vasa-like gene i zebrafish identifies putative primordial germ cells. Mechanisms of Development. 95-106.
- 1995. Embryonic expression and DNA-binding properties of zebrafish pax-6. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. 122-128.
- 1995. A novel vertebrate svp-related nuclear receptor is expressed as a stepgradient in developing rhombomeres and is affected by retinoic acid. Mechanisms of Development. 233-246.
- 1994. Regulatory gene expression boundaries demarcate sites of neuronal differentiation in the embryonic zebrafish forebrain. Neuron. 1039-1053.
- 1994. Homeobox and pax genes in zebrafish development. Current Topics in Developmental Biology. 65-100.
- 1994. Expression of the zebrafish gene hlx-1 in the prechordal plate and during CNS development. Development : Journal of the Society for International Development. 71-81.
- 1993. Zebrafish pou(c): a divergent POU family gene ubiquitously expressed during embryogenesis. Nucleic Acids Research. 475-483.
- 1993. Genomic sequence and embryonic expression of the zebrafish homebox gene hox-3.4. International Journal of Developmental Biology. 263-272.
- 1993. Functional conservation of vertebrate seven-up related genes in neurogenesis and eye development. EMBO Journal. 1403-1414.
- 1992. The zebrafish homeobox gene Hox(zf-114): primary structure, expression pattern and evolutionary aspects. International Journal of Developmental Biology. 229-237.
- 1992. The Paired Domain-Containing Nuclear Factor pax[b] Is Expressed in Specific Commissural lnterneurons in Zebrafish Embryos. Journal of Neurobiology. 933-946.
- 1992. Structure and early embryonic expression of the zebrafish engrailed-2 gene. Mechanisms of Development. 51-62.
- 1991. Genomic structure and restricted neural expression of the zebrafish wnt-1 (int-1) gene. EMBO Journal. 799-807.
- 2008. MicroRNAs in zebrafish development.
- 2006. RNA interference, microRNA and zebrafish development.
Thesis at a second degree level
- 2005. Kvantifisering av retinoider i cellekulturmedium ved bruk av fastfaseekstraksjon og høgtrykk-væskekromatografi.
- 2007. Investigations on clock gene expression and circadian variations in human stem cells in vitro.
- 2007. Induction of gene expression and clock-related proteins in serum shocked primary human mesenchymal stem cells in culture.
- 2006. Comparative analysis of the zebrafish homeobox genes six3a and six3b by in situ hybridisation indicates subfunctionalisation and a role in specification of neurons.
- 2006. Analyse av ekspresjon og funksjon til Six3-lignende gener under utviklingen av øyne og hjerne hos sebrafisk.
- 2005. DNA microarray and real time quantitative PCR analysis of gene expression in prostate tissues and cancer Optimisation,validation and specific gene expression.
- 2005. Trypsin and trypsin-like peptidases from Lepeophtheirus salmonis. Functional implications from molecular studies.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 1993. Pattern formation in fish embryos: Characterization of homebox genes from the zebrafish (Brachydranio rerio).
- 2007. Potential auto- and cross-regulation of Six3 genes in zebrafish.
- 2007. Novel enhancer trap lines identify zebrafish genes associated with development of neural and sensory tissues.
- 2004. Early expression of VA opsin in Atlantic halibut.
- 2001. A novel nonvisual pigment gene cloned from teleost retina.
- 1998. A retroviral vector (MSCV) injected at distinct stages of development in zebrafish embryos.
Academic literature review
- 2010. Exploring microRNA functions in zebrafish. 250-255.
- 2006. RNAi and microRNAs: From animal models to disease therapy. 150-171.