- (2016). Transmission of HIV drug resistance and the predicted effect on current first-line regimens in Europe. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 655-663.
- (2016). The global spread of HIV-1 subtype B epidemic. Infection, Genetics and Evolution. 169-179.
- (2015). Global dispersal pattern of HIV type 1 subtype CRF01-AE: A genetic trace of human mobility related to heterosexual sexual activities centralized in southeast Asia. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 1735-1744.
- (2014). Patterns of transmitted HIV drug resistance in Europe vary by risk group. PLOS ONE.
- (2014). Increase in transmitted resistance to non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors among newly diagnosed HIV-1 infections in Europe. BMC Infectious Diseases.
- (2013). Limited cross-border infections in patients newly diagnosed with HIV in Europe. Retrovirology. 10 pages.
- (2013). HIV-1 subtype distribution and its demographic determinants in newly diagnosed patients in Europe suggest highly compartmentalized epidemics. Retrovirology. 13 pages.
- (2012). Treatment-associated polymorphisms in protease are significantly associated with higher viral load and lower CD4 count in newly diagnosed drug-naive HIV-1 infected patients. Retrovirology. 13 pages.
- (2012). Counting mycobacteria in infected human cells and mouse tissue: a comparison between qPCR and CFU. PLOS ONE. 11 pages.
- (2011). Increased intracellular growth of Mycobacterium avium in HIV-1 exposed monocyte-derived dendritic cells. Microbes and infection. 276-283.
- (2010). Effects of in vitro HIV-1 infection on mycobacterial growth in peripheral blood monocyte-derived macrophages. Infection and Immunity. 4022-4032.
- (2009). Transmission of Drug-Resistant HIV-1 Is Stabilizing in Europe. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 1503-1508.
- (2009). Tracing the HIV-1 subtype B mobility in Europe: a phylogeographic approach. Retrovirology. 11 pages.
- (2009). The hepatitis C virus enigma. APMIS - Journal of Pathologiy, Microbiology and Immunology. 427-439.
- (2009). HIV Induces both a Down-Regulation of IRAK-4 that Impairs TLR Signalling and an Up-regulation of the Antibiotic Peptide Dermcidin in Monocytic Cells. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. 264-276.
- (2008). Transmission of drug-resistant HIV-1 in Europe remains limited to single classes. AIDS (London). 625-635.
- (2008). Real-time quantitative PCR in the diagnosis of tuberculosis in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded pleural tissue in patients from a high HIV endemic area. Diagnostic molecular pathology (Print). 112-117.
- (2006). The calculated genetic barrier for antiretroviral drug resistance substitutions is largely similar for different HIV-1 subtypes. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 352-360.
- (2006). Cystatin A and HIV-1 p24 antigen expression in tonsillar lymphoid follicles during HIV-1 infection and during highly active antiretroviral therapy. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 277-284.
- (2005). Prevalence of drug-resistant HIV-1 variants in untreated individuals in Europe: Implications for clinical management. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 958-966.
- (2005). Detection of antibodies to hepatitis C virus: false-negative results in an automated chemiluminescent microparticle immunoassay (ARCHITECT Anti-HCV) compared to a microparticle enzyme immunoassay (AxSYM HCV Version 3.0). Journal of Clinical Virology. 211-215.
- (2004). Updated European recommendations for the clinical use of HIV drug resistance testing. Antiviral Therapy. 829-848.
- (2004). Relevance of a combined HIV antigen/antibody assay to detect early HIV infection in a low prevalence population: Case reports. Clinical Laboratory. 409-413.
- (2004). Population-based hematologic and immunologic reference values for a healthy Ugandan population. Clinical and Laboratory Immunology. 29-34.
- (2004). Immunoglobulin levels amongst persons with and without human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection in Uganda and Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. 203-208.
- (2004). An algorithm-based genotypic resistance score is associated with clinical outcome in HIV-1-infected adults on antiretroviral therapy. HIV Medicine. 400-406.
- (2003). Changes in Immunoglobulin isotypes and Immunoglobulin G (IgG) subclasses during Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy. Anti-p24 IgG1 closely parallells the biphasic decline in plasma viremia. Journal of Ascuired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. 358-367.
- (2002). Phase I Trial of a Therapeutic HIV Type 1 Vaccine, Vacc-4x, in HIV Type 1-Infected Individuals with or without Antiretroviral Therapy. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. 1357-1365.
- (2001). The Fas/FasL System and T Cell Apoptosis in HIV-1-Infected Lymphoid Tissue during Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy. Clinical Immunology. 169-179.
- (2001). Residual human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection in lymphoid tissue during highly active antiretroviral therapy: quantitation and virus characterization. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. 577-586.
- (2001). HIV-1 resistens mot antiretrovirale midler. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 3421-3424.
- (2000). V3 sequence analysis and biological characterization of HIV-1 isolates from asymptomatic and early symptomatic Tanzanian individuals. APMIS - Journal of Pathologiy, Microbiology and Immunology. 608-616.
- (2000). Normalization of CD4+ Cell Numbers and Reduced Levels of Memory CD8+ Cells in Blood and Tonsillar Tissue after Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy in Early HIV Type-1 Infection. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. 191-201.
- (2000). Intersubtype recombinant HIV type 1 involving HIV-MAL-like and subtype H-like sequence in four Norwegian cases. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. 49-58.
- (2000). Genetic evidence of multiple transmissions of HIV type 1 subtype F within Romania from adult blood donors to children. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. 327-336.
- (2000). Evaluation of 12 commercial tests for detection of Epstein-Barr virus-specific heterophile antibodies. Clinical and Laboratory Immunology. 451-456.
- (2000). Early changes in peripheral blood T cell subsets induced by antiretroviral treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-1 positive individuals. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. 195-201.
- (2000). Determinants for the syncytium-inducing phenotype of HIV-1 subtype F isolates are located in the V3 region. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. 867-870.
- (2000). Changes in tonsillar tissue in early HIV-1 infection and during 3 years of antiretroviral therapy. APMIS - Journal of Pathologiy, Microbiology and Immunology. 539-550.
- (1999). Transient Tat activation of the HIVLAV/Lai-1 LTR by primary HIV-1 phenotypic variants in HeLaT4LTR_b-gal cells. APMIS - Journal of Pathologiy, Microbiology and Immunology. 485-492.
- (1999). Activation of CD8 T cells normalizes and correlates with the level of infectious provirus in tonsils during highly active antiretroviral therapy in early HIV-1 infection. AIDS (London). 2365-2376.
- (2015). Usage of Antivirals and the Occurrence of Antiviral Resistance in Norway 2013–2014. RAVN 2013-2014. .
- (2013). Usage of antivirals and the occurrence of antiviral resistance in Norway 2011-2012. RAVN 2011–12. 2013:5. 2013:5. .
- (1998). HIV-infeksjon, en strategirapport. .
Popular scientific article
- (2005). HIV-gåtan och nya virus. P2-Akademiet. 165-175.
Letter to the editor
- (2004). Locking the door to HIV entry: how far can we go? AIDS (London). 2197-2198.
- (2005). Intervju med anledning av Nelson Mandelas besök och HIV-situationen i Afrika.
- (2005). Intervju i Vert å Vite om nya virus.
- (2005). Intervju i Vert å Vite om HIV och bushmeat.
- (2005). Intervju i Dagsnytt 18 om HIV-resistens, Svartedauen och selektion av mutation.
- (2005). Fight AIDS @ home.
- (2005). Fight AIDS @ home.
- (2005). Biodiversitet och nya virus.
- (2005). HIV-gåtan och nya virus.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (1998). Mikrobiologisk diagnostikk. Kapittel om Nukleinsyrebasert diagnostikk.
- (2006). Transmission of drug-resistance in Europe is characterized by single mutations and revertants. Antiviral Therapy. S111-S111.
- (2008). Rapid and reliable quantification of mycobacteria inside macrophages in vitro and mice using real-time quantitative PCR.
- (2008). Rapid and reliable quantification of Mycobacteria inside macrophages in vitro and mice mice using real-taime quantitative PCR.
- (2006). Cathepsin B and Cystatin A as indicators of a separate apoptotic pathway in HIV-1 infection.
- (2005). Cathepsin B and Cystatin A as indicators of a separate apoptotic pathway in HIV-1 infection.
Academic literature review
- (2008). Medikamentell resistens vid HIV-infektion. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 2593-2596.