Maria Kolnes Lie is doing research on how the tumor microenvironment regulates the epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) by focusing on the Axl tyrosine kinase receptor, and how this relates to cancer therapy responses.
- 2019. Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) is associated with attenuation of succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) in breast cancer through reduced expression of SDHC. Cancer & Metabolism.
- 2019. The role of AXL and the microenvironment in cancer cell plasticity and therapy responses. A study in non-small cell lung cancer models.
- 2020. Autophagy mediated danger signaling regulates tumor immunosurveillance and may potentiate the effects of anti-cancer immunotherapy through increased adjuvanticity. 22 pages.
- 2017. The Role of Axl Receptor Tyrosine Kinase in Tumor Cell Plasticity and Therapy Resistance. 28 pages.
- 2017. Adaptive mechanisms of resistance to anti-neoplastic agents. 53-66.
Born in 1989.
2013: M.S. in Nanoscience, University of Bergen. Thesis title: “In vitro phenotypic patterning of vascular cells by nano- and micro-design of the matrix substratum”
Since January 2015: PhD student, Cellular Networks Group