Rolf Bjerkvig (f. 1953) is Professor for cell biology and has since the ealy 80s worked in experimental cancer biology.
Dr Bjerkvig receives major grants from the Norwegian Research Council, The Norwegian Cancer Society and the European Commission. He is on the editorial board on several international journals and is sitting in several national as well as international funding committees for cancer research in Europe. He has published more than 200 articles in scientific literature and has received a number of research prizes for his work. In 2015, Bjerkvig was awarded the King Olav V Research Prize in Cancer Research.
- (2022). Surgical resection of glioblastomas induces pleiotrophin-mediated self-renewal of glioblastoma stem cells in recurrent tumors. Neuro-Oncology. 1074-1087.
- (2021). Williams Syndrome Transcription Factor (WSTF) in Brain Tumor Drug Resistance.
- (2021). TGF-β promotes microtube formation in glioblastoma through thrombospondin 1. Neuro-Oncology. 541-553.
- (2021). Protocol for derivation of organoids and patient-derived orthotopic xenografts from glioma patient tumors. STAR Protocols.
- (2021). Novel thioridazine derivates: antiproliferative and apoptosis-inducing activity on glioblastoma cells in vitro get access arrow. Neuro-Oncology. vi170-vi170.
- (2021). Glioblastomas with primitive neuronal component harbor a distinct methylation and copy-number profile with inactivation of TP53, PTEN, and RB1. Acta Neuropathologica. 179-189.
- (2021). Cystathionine-γ-lyase drives antioxidant defense in cysteine-restricted IDH1-mutant astrocytomas. Neuro-Oncology Advances (NOA).
- (2021). Current landscape and future perspectives in preclinical MR and PET imaging of brain metastasis. Neuro-Oncology Advances (NOA). 14 pages.
- (2021). A subset of PARP inhibitors induces lethal telomere fusion in ALT-dependent tumor cells. Science Translational Medicine.
- (2020). Suicide gene therapy for the treatment of high-grade glioma: Past lessons, present trends, and future prospects. Neuro-Oncology Advances (NOA).
1987: Dr. philos. The Gade Institute of Pathology, University of Bergen
1981: M.Sc. Immunology, University of San Francisco, 1981.